Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 4d Gender: Not Telling Posted 20/11/16 08:14 AM Posted 20/11/16 08:14 AM So I got annoyed from not lifting and my back is getting better so I went out to the shed for a little lifty lifty. Pity it was 40 out today but oh well. Ya warm quickly at least. I know from recent experience ie: working on the car, it doesn't take much to make my back uncomfortable again. I did some band work to get the joints juicy and then did a very mild bench only workout. Warmed up up with 15 x 20 kg aka oly bar equivalent then; 5 x 60kg 3 x 80kg 3 x 90kg 2 x 110kg I could have done a 3-5 sets of 3 x 110kg as I'd just gotten into my stride and it felt good. I didn't because having not lifted for quite a while, I know it won't take much to make my back regress at this stage. 1
Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 29/11/16 09:36 AM Posted 29/11/16 09:36 AM I start with just 20kg bar. 2×20. The add a 20 each side. 2×15. Add a 10 each side. 2×10. Lst is go for broke. 3×4 at 100 or 110. My right hip has been playing up and lowee back so limitedto what I can do comparedto what I was doing.
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 29/11/16 09:49 AM Posted 29/11/16 09:49 AM Pfft dude - am up to 160 now (oh wait...... is it meant to be what we lift, not what we weigh?........ fark) 2
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/11/16 01:57 AM Posted 30/11/16 01:57 AM I actually just got home from signing up for a gym membership. $150 for 6 months (FIFO discount), 24/7 access and a bunch of free weights, squat racks etc (not all 24hr gyms have these). Pretty happy with that. Now all I need to do is utilise it properly!Pics for Keify: 2
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,114 Member For: 18y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/11/16 01:59 AM Posted 30/11/16 01:59 AM Strange that the free weights are upstairs and the cardio is downstairs... normally it's the other way around Solid work, mate guessing you'll have to use both it and your FIFO site gym, to keep up a regular schedule?
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/11/16 02:14 AM Posted 30/11/16 02:14 AM (edited) Meh, doesn't really bother me though to be honest...long as it's somewhere haha. Edited my previous post coz I found more photos that show the rest of the gym and equipment. I'll still mostly play squash when I'm on site I think, but will try maybe throw in 2 or 3 weights sessions a week while I'm away. But now with my new work roster it's nice to give myself more options for exercising when I'm home, as I haven't been playing squash as frequently as I was. Edited 30/11/16 02:14 AM by .Stripes. 1
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,114 Member For: 18y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/11/16 02:17 AM Posted 30/11/16 02:17 AM fair enough; as long as you keep lifting
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 4d Gender: Not Telling Posted 30/11/16 04:03 AM Posted 30/11/16 04:03 AM Well after nearly a couple of months off barring one or two trial sessions (and drinking a metric fark tonne of beer) I managed to get some training under my belt. Nothing spectacular as I didn't want to snap my back up again and definitely took it very easy on my shoulders. I know that after a few weeks of gentle sessions like today I'll be able to up the volume and continue to make the gains that I was previously. Did a bunch of band work to get the blood flowing etc. Bench 20 x 20 kg 10 x 60 kg 8 x 80 kg 5 x 90 kg 2 x 110 kg Tried 120 and failed. Missus got the spot though so all good. Standing row 20 x 20 kg 10 x 60 kg 8 x 80 kg 6 x 90 kg Stopped there cos didn't want to snap back. Usually go 10 kg heavier than bench but whatever. Shoulder press 20 x 20 kg 12 x 30 kg 10 x 40 kg 8 x 40 kg Felt twinges and stopped there Bicep work 20 x 20 kg 2 arm reverse curl 20 x 30 kg barbell curl 15 x 40 kg barbell curl 8 x 50 kg barbell curl Got lazy and stopped there. All done with free weights and the missus even got in some beginner training. We'll do legs and more back tomorrow but I'm going to keep it light because I'd rather get some training in than none cos I snapped my back again. I'll keep squats and deadlifts to a max of 100 kg for a month or two until I know I'm in the clear. 2
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/12/16 01:18 AM Posted 04/12/16 01:18 AM soo keif next time... 'IF'.... I see you out again you should be massive? ahahah your already a tall bugger you just need to fill out.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,114 Member For: 18y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/12/16 01:21 AM Posted 04/12/16 01:21 AM I have genetics against me in terms of "being massive", but there's noticeable gains in the 6-7kg of muscle mass I've gained... only if I take my shirt off haha By the way, there's a meetup at Ike's tonight -> link
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now