New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

absolutely... and much the same as u .. any trade that comes to our joint or work gets the same treatment as theyre willing to give out... you pack up and do a good job, ill make your day a sh*t ton easier lol

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d
5 hours ago, Box stock T. said:

You would be surprised at how many customers really appreciate it when you pack up and clean up properly, especially if they are still occupying the property.

Which really should be standard practice.

I was taught early on in my trade - The best job should seem like you were never there, what you installed should look like it was always there, and there is no mess to prove you were there. 

• Like 5

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d

true dat Krazy Kyle, I was taught that the next job should not be started till the clean-up was complete on the first job.

when we did our reno, we went owner builder.

We supplied skip bins and everyone pretty much used them.

sometimes I would do a clean up of a few little things.

Found that if there was a little bit of rubbish left somewhere it would "magically"  grow cos people would add to it, and add to it and next there was a big pile.

but as Box Stock T mentioned, trades are usually pretty good on a private home.

• Like 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

I havent had an issue with anything at work tbh... all the trades have been fabulous in terms of clean up etc... however our sites ive been invoved witu are extensions or additions of a new building... which means theres already a manager on site for thr existing facility.

Currently have two totally new sites (existing buildings but total fit outs) about to kick of construction (council takes forever) so we will see the level of respect when theres no "owner or manager" there watching.

Mr Kennard was over yeaterday ... we had a good chat... in Melb atm theres currently a 3 story building theyre building inside an old 3 story building gaining another 2200sqm to the origional building so everything has to be craned in over top or brought through the existing part of the building.

I love that crap. logistical nightmares are like the best challenge.

Off to sydney next Saturday for a work meeting but wont get to see any construction this time I dont think as im only there for the weekend

• Member For: 20y 11m 26d

During the boom time you would put up with asshole tradies and pay the asking price. Now that things are quiet here in Perth, if a tradie does not do the right thing from get go then easy to sack and get another cause not much work out there. So the assholes just naturally find themselves out of work much earlier than the nice guys.

Easier to negotiate on price atm and ideal time to build. Just luv the upper hand. Alot of tradies hurting

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 7d

Haven't updated for a while but I'll try remember what has happened

22nd July we had our final inspection, was really happy with the way the house was finished, only a small list of defects on the inside and a handful outside mostly brickwork problems

Settlement was booked for the 4th of August, but the builder rang up a day before and informed us they would not be ready as hadn't fixed the defects yet

That pissed me off a bit, but not much we could do... Settlement moved to the 8th

So finally we moved in on Monday night!!

Feels so good for the wife and me to be in our own house after 18 months at my parents.

Build process was a major pain in the ass, but persistence got all the problems fixed and we couldn't be happier with the end result!

• Like 9

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 2d
22 minutes ago, Wilko16 said:

Build process was a major pain in the ass, but persistence got all the problems fixed and we couldn't be happier with the end result!

Would you do it again?