-
Posts
604 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by sixman
-
I would not bother with expensive heavy overpriced intercoolers. In our usual hot 6 months they all get heat-soaked anyway no matter what people say, metal and heat just does not work. Just need a cooler that can flow enough for your power level, that is not a restriction to power. If you really want to lower IAT reliably and maintain power no matter the ambient temp - look at water/meth injection. I get the premixed stuff delivered to my door, non-flammable very safe. You would be surprised that a water/meth system is actually cheaper than many fancy coolers, lots of other engine benefits as well. If ths is a daily runabout and occasional track car stick with low mount. If a weekend warrior go high mount and external gate and unleash the beast! Driveshaft/twin bush hat/diff/brakes etc. are a must.
- 36 replies
-
- 1
-
-
@JETURBO can source them for you
-
Who does Forced Performance recommend for engine rebuilds? I thought they did it in house?
- 36 replies
-
Yeah 0.83 T3 IWG rear with my efr9174. It flows pretty well, spools just as quick as the stock 3576 or the gtx3576 gen1. The mid range is mind boggling, made the gtx at 390rwkw feel pedastrian. Goes 480-500 rwkw on E85 and then Iam out of injector. I have a built engine with Howard rods and built driveline with CF driveshaft, twin bush hat, wavetrack etc. Only weakness is probably my single plate clutch, but has lasted 40k so far. With 275 semi slicks it grips and goes hard in the dry. Still think if I was starting from scratch now tge G series would be near top of the list. One really under rated turbo is the PTE6466. Went 440rwkw on pump98 with pretty quick spool. Was a $1500 easy bolt on back when released.
-
I had to relocate the power steering fluid resorvoir to make it all fit, otherwise bolt on. The 0.83 housing is for fast spool, it will limit top end. When I did this 5-6 yrs ago there was no gen2 or G series. There are probably better options today, not sure I would go the same route, particularly as the efr turbos seem to have doubled in price.
-
Yeah heat management is an issue, seen melted bonnet pics with high mount. The twin scroll / divided housing will help with coming on boost - looks like a hybrid type setup with a smaller exhaust housing as well? Should be unreal. What happened with the gt45 setup?
-
Yeah, looks like a killer setup! Why not high mount?
-
Nice looking cars! Why would they have put ba rods in an fg2?
-
Has anyone installed aftermarket sports seats?
sixman replied to Panda Eyes's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
About 7 yrs ago I put in some gtp replica buckets in my fg2. Retains the side airbag functionality for a street daily. There were a few companies who could rebuild stock seats into sports buckets. Edit. Think it was proseat I bought from -
Spooling boost *bolt on* low mount G42 turbo kit
sixman replied to phat larry's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
I must be one of the few still running IWG low mount... Good price though. -
Lots of us driving dailys with >400rwkw. Its very doable. I think the bigger question for u is do you have coin to throw at it. Its going to need work/maintenance and things will need repair or upgrading. Given the age, kms, mods/power the engine/transmission are going to need major work at some point.
-
Almost sounds like the turbo fans or whatever they are called
-
Launches are the worst. But grippy tyres put more stress on driveline. Nothing really grips in colder weather. Need those hot summer nights where the tarmac glues semi-slicks down.
-
BF Mk 2, not unopened anymore, not stock turbo anymore
sixman replied to Tom Tucker's topic in High Power Builds (300+ Club)
Doing any head work? Porting the exhaust side theoretically helps spool. Always wondered what results Higgins or the like would get with Barra heads. -
I have tried lots, got good results with Toyo r888r on the rear (noisy as hell) and Pilot Cup 2s - almost as good. Put pilot super sport or 4S on front for wet weather and braking and you are fine. The Goodyears F1 are great front tyres as well.
-
Neighbour got one of these for $40k. Took me for a spin, its freekin amazing - like a little rally car. Check this video out from czech republic
-
Damn, wish I new about the Century battery issue circ 2016 - all sorts of gremins with it
-
From memory the dsc and comms fault can be a bugger as virtually any problem in the car can cause them. Have seen battery errors, grounding issues, fuel pump failures etc. Best bet would be an aftermarket barra specialist, dont go to Ford. Who tuned the car? - they should be able to trouble shoot.
-
Great choice for a streeter, I used to have the Gen1. Iam sure Jeturbo can source it for you.
-
Amazing power for 20psi! In a manual the lag would not be great on the street. Is it deliberately ramped in slowly? I think peak boost at or under 3000rpm is perfect for a street barra, if you have the driveline and tyres to handle it. Guessing with a built engine would go to about 28psi?
-
Michelin cup 2s are almost as good as the r888r, with the bonus of being much quieter
-
Looks like mad fun. Great save at the end.
- 952 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- #budget #cheap #build #manual
- #turbo #wastegate #drags
- (and 1 more)
-
These cars are allready getting old and have usually had a pretty hard life. Only buy one if your prepated to do maintenance and start replacing worn out bits. In some ways a 2007 SS Late model camira may be a better option as the drivetrain/suspension is a bit more robust.
-
For real? That looks to good to be true
-
Ah, N/A....dont spend much then, particularly if you want noise. Dont think I have seen many xr6 N/A with an exhaust. I see lots of SV6's and they sound terrible and are real slow.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.