finnas Legacy Donating Member 105 Member For: 16y 8m 16d Posted 19/06/20 12:56 PM Posted 19/06/20 12:56 PM I still haven’t used my tuner need 😂. Being sitting on the desk for 8 months 😬 Question thou, would you expect to see any knock on e85? Will a car knock at all on ethanol?
El Andrew Legacy Donating Member 2,040 Member For: 11y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 19/06/20 10:08 PM Posted 19/06/20 10:08 PM Yeah it will - is more resistant to it though so you can increased the ignition timing values further before it starts to knock
finnas Legacy Donating Member 105 Member For: 16y 8m 16d Posted 20/06/20 02:08 AM Posted 20/06/20 02:08 AM I see... I would think it would be well past making power by the time it starts knocking then
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 20/06/20 02:43 AM Posted 20/06/20 02:43 AM Get a correct calibrated aftermarket knock detection kit and work it out on a Dyno 1
gaz097 Legacy Donating Member 1,752 Member For: 15y 2m 8d Posted 20/06/20 04:31 AM Posted 20/06/20 04:31 AM So ford wasted there money with there factory stuff? All boat no paddle?
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 20/06/20 04:54 AM Posted 20/06/20 04:54 AM If I believed that was your genuine stand point on that statement then yeh it’s a candle steam boat
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 7m 30d Gender: Not Telling Posted 20/06/20 05:07 AM Author Posted 20/06/20 05:07 AM So yerp didn't achieve a whole lot today. Did some tuning and compared in virtual dyno. Giant pita coming inside, chopping and adjusting data, then going back out to the car, driving then coming back inside, plugging and unplugging the laptop and wideband logger etc Still running minimum boost but with some boost control to keep it as consistent as possible. I can feel a very very slight surging on boost and it's not the boost control or anything tune related. It got marginally worse once I added 40 litres of E85 to the third of a tank that was already 3/4 E85. This leads me to think it's not lighting off properly and cos I cbf pulling the coil cover twice I didn't bother with plugs today. I'll update when I get the coils in next week with the new plugs. Gonna go and buy some beer now and let my brain relax from all the looking at data 2
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/06/20 12:42 PM Posted 20/06/20 12:42 PM just let fluff tune it 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 7m 30d Gender: Not Telling Posted 20/06/20 12:49 PM Author Posted 20/06/20 12:49 PM Haha it would be handy to have a tuning buddy but I'm sure she's got better things to be doing.
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 7m 30d Gender: Not Telling Posted 21/06/20 04:28 AM Author Posted 21/06/20 04:28 AM Looking at catch can options. Thoughts on this? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/273181291726
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now