Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

So yerp as mentioned yesterday, I broke the stock motor and rebuilt it with stronger internals and a few other bits and pieces to help it go better.

While it was fairly stock it was running 18psi, gen2 gtx3582r and e85. It misfired a couple of times at high rpm and sent the bore, piston and rod through the exhaust.

I sourced a na territory engine for $350 from the wreckers and pulled it down for inspection. Although it had 145xxxkm on it, the bearings were shagged and the head needed welding. After getting the run around for 3 months from a machine shop I picked up my half done job, went elsewhere and a few days later started assembly.

Bottom end is na territory block/sump (no oil cooler derp), spool drag pro rods and standard size bullet cp pistons w/ upgraded pins, has a girdle/machined caps, boundary oil pump gears and relief/pressure mods w/some sorta backplate, 360 thrust, atomic timing chain/guides and flex plate, ross balancer etc. Recon bf turbo head/valves, crow springs/retainers, stock territory turbo cams/gears, 1mm cometic head gasket.

The gtx turbine wheel got chewed up, so have swapped the gen2 back plate, comp wheel and cover over to the stock chra with a ported rear housing/larger flapper, and an 11.8psi garret actuator @JETURBO sent me a few years ago.

Plaz territory front mount with plaz intake top half. Bosch 1000's, 460 intank w/ modded pot, turbosmart fpr800. Upgraded cat section w/ stock catback and sorta fg looking "stock" dump, 4 inch intake w/ 9 inch k&n filter w/ battery under the guard.

I also chucked in a 4 bar boost sensor and have PCMTec switching from the tmap to the boost sensor at about 18psi so I can tune it properly up to about 30psi.

It runs whatever (open loop) boost on the day but mostly 21psi on 98....

Until today, when I chucked in quarter of a tank of E85 and adjusted the boost to run 25psi the whole way to redline. Holy crap it pulls pretty good now. :oooh:

• Like 5

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Good write up mate ! 

What machine shop gave you the run around ? 

Did you put the engine together or outsource it ? How’s the ZF going with the new power ?

• Thanks 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Thanks mate.

It was a northern suburbs shop. They also gave me the head back after it had been decked etc with a mark on the face, so I had to pay to get it decked again.

Chris Milton did the rest of the machine work and had it sorted in a few days.

I put it together myself in the lounge room. I didn't put enough glue into a rear corner of the sump so had to drop the front sub-frame in the driveway to fix it up. Haha all the fun, I don't recommend it!

The zf has been fine at 21psi on 98 but after turning it up today the shift quality changed for the worse slightly. Maybe some higher pressures will fix it, but realistically I'll have some fun with this tank of fuel and turn it down again. I have some upgraded clutches so that might help it but that's not on the cards right now.

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I chucked the territory on a dyno today to check it. Despite having boost there, fuel there and timing there it fell over just after 4000 rpm. I made a virtual dyno graph from my road tuning to compare and it falls over in the same spot, although the numbers were different.

Does it still go like fark? Yes it does, but for now I'm turning it right down until I get a few things sorted.

1: New iridium plugs.

2: New coils.

3: Exhaust upgrade.

I've ordered the first two and they'll arrive later in the week or early next week. As for the exhaust, I've got a venom 4 inch dump with cat section that will fit up to the front of the car but I'll have to sort something else out for the middle and or rear sections.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Dudeeeeeeee 

cummmoooonnnnnn , Show us the Dyno sheet lol, Can’t say all that then not show us hahah