Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 27d

Ok well I was gonna try for a 1rm of the big 3 but decided to only try the bench. I don't want to risk injury as I haven't been strength training for a 5 months or more. I benched 150kg for a fairly easy single but failed on 160kg. At any rate it's a 10kg increase from the start of the year so happy days :)

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 27d

First day up was a leg day. That was a whole bunch of fun and regret lol.

Because I'm such a considerate person and enjoy metal music, I make sure to turn it up loud enough for the neighbours to enjoy too.

• Haha 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 14d

Well after 2022 involving a huge loss of 51kgs 2023 was a year of overall scale gain of 6kgs.

I leaned down in so many areas overall though so there were phases of recomp and from the calculations I have gained over 10kgs of muscle in 2023… 

today was the first day of a 3 month mini cut to see where I’m at :) … aim is to lose 10kgs over 12ish weeks… bringing me down to a good lean point to assess what areas need focused growth for a lean bulk for the remainder of 2024.

GqMRbxc.jpeg

1 year bulk results 

• Like 1

• Member For: 3y 3d
On 01/01/2024 at 8:52 PM, Mrs Jeturbo said:

today was the first day of a 3 month mini cut to see where I’m at :) … aim is to lose 10kgs over 12ish weeks… bringing me down to a good lean point to assess what areas need focused growth for a lean bulk 

Juicy as. You will clean up nicely. Good stuff.

Try for more deltoid seperation, hit all 3 heads, light weight but high reps. Id also throw in something for traps just to bring it all together. But what would I know 😅

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 3m 17d

If you got your heart rate up and you were burning energy with oxygenated blood, then yes, it's cardiovascular exercise :) Doing alright for yourself there? hit the weights much?