-
Posts
1,841 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Bonjaz
-
Difference Between Failing Valve Springs And Stuffed Coils/plugs
Bonjaz replied to Rydeit's topic in Engine Workshop
elite did mine in brissy and no complaints about there workmanship or price but dont let them talk you into things you dont need. -
Drill it out and helicoil
-
1983 honda nifty 50 I loved that thing... Going to pick up a 1983 z50 tomorrow morning all original for an absolute bargain, pretty sure it can be registered too
-
my old 2 banga scooter used to love a cap of metho with every tank of fuel haha
-
mine was still just in warranty and they had them in stock, go and hit them up.
-
Read what I said above, can you blow through the cap? If so it's faaaaarked.
-
Seemed fine while driving, once hot turn the engine off and sit there and watch it pressurize and drip from the overflow. Well that's what mine did
-
When I picked my fg up off a dealer it had a faulty overflow cap, I could blow through it. It's supposed to release pressure at around 100kpa it should be written on the yellow cap.
-
Made 408rwkw in mackay on Dave's dyno and I think 392rwkw on elites but It was a hotter day when it was run up at elites.
-
Saw my old falcon on fb, new gtx and 100ron tune and making 410rwkw on 18psi and the new owner still loves it
-
Car was already tuned and modded by a different shop making a comfortable 400rwkw. I booked into elite to get my valve springs done and a power run that was all. I turned up to pick the car up after the work and they told me how sh*t my tune was and that I NEEDED a gtx external gate and high mount all for the low drive in drive out price of like 10k...
-
Difference Between Failing Valve Springs And Stuffed Coils/plugs
Bonjaz replied to Rydeit's topic in Engine Workshop
Mine missed once up high in the revs mate, then would idol rough after giving it a squirt. New springs and it never did it again and picked up a few mph at the track -
Did elite talk you into doing this? They tryed to get me to do external gate on different manifold with a gtx rather than the perfectly fine gt35/40 I had on there already making 400rwkw... Was not going to be cheap and I politely said get f$#%ed!
-
Cooler Swap & No Retune Test = Dyno Results
Bonjaz replied to Saski's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
good info but I agree with henz, you have gone from a crap cooler to a crap cooler... go from a crap exhaust to a crap exhaust and you probably wont require one either... -
It will fit mate, I used my old fg rear housing on a gt35-82 off a bf, just has to spin the front housing a bit so it lined up with fg cooler pipes when fitting
-
Still running my 5x5 program, still relatively light weights and haven't failed a set yet, 85kg bench, 100kg squat ass to grass, 55kg overhead press, 60kg rows and 125kg deads. Squatting 3-4 times a week is definately making climbing stairs easy at work haha
- 5,613 replies
-
Make a difference over standard manifold?
-
Zf6 Wont Select Performance Mode Or Manual Shift
Bonjaz replied to BF_JET's topic in Driveline Workshop
You changed a stock shifter knob for another stock shifter knob? Or an after market one? If aftermarket is it the same size ect and is it fully engaging when pushed sideways into perf mode? It's not rocket science mate back track what you did, obviously you disturbed something or it's not engaging when pushed sideways. -
hotter coil packs? go back to stock coils, no one has had any good reports from after market ones...also check fuel filter and change plugs while your at it if they havent been done recently
-
hey henz when doing the roof you obviously have to do it in a few pieces? or locally are you able to get a big square sheet to do it all in once piece?
-
Aren't there a few mobs in mackay that build motors? Maybe call Dave from cpv and ask his opinion.
-
haha my bad, I consider myself pretty switched on but I can't spell for chit
-
Passed my first engineering subject at uni with a Credit overall. At this rate I will be a duel trade/engineer qualified by the time I'm 30 -.-
-
Fpt & 6Boost Go 735 Plus Kw & Still Climbing
Bonjaz replied to qik1's topic in High Power Builds (300+ Club)
Be sure not to bust the welds on the intake! -
week 2 of 5x5, still on lightweights doing it easy, when I say doing it easy I am buggered at the end of it but not looking like failing anything any time soon. squatting 80kg, benching 70kg, overhead pressing 45kg, barbell row 55kg and dead lifting 110kg, then I tack on some abs or pull ups at the end. I should be able to keep upping the weight for another 4-5 weeks before I look like failing anything. So far so good, squatting 3-4 times a week actually isnt as bad as I thought it would be
- 5,613 replies
-
- 1
-
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.