Pixy Angel

New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

No need, this thread is fine. @JETURBO was asking me about solar just a few days ago in this very thread. @.Stripes. and @bloodycrashboy are also interested in the subject and @rednose was also interested in discussing parts of it.

There are only a couple of people that have issue with me getting a new roof and solar and discussing it here. If they feel that strongly about it then they are free not to click the link to read about it.

Also @k31th loves it ;)

@MBAF when you start flying planes again be sure to drop a heap of oil over Puffs place... ill pm you with coordinates :lololol:

in all seriousness I ddI just think it may be beneficial coz it seems to be such a large conversation topic. That way it’s almoat a trackable and relevant subject all put it one place for those who have an interest in it, that was all. 

He's just an AI bot that someone released onto the forum - sometimes goes haywire, but usually well behaved

Hasn't been as prolific on here since his companion app started draining his resources.

3 hours ago, HRM Fluff of Cornwall said:

be sure to drop a heap of oil over Puffs place

No need, I've already got enough frigging dust to take care of.

5 hours ago, HRM Fluff of Cornwall said:

@MBAF when you start flying planes again be sure to drop a heap of oil over Puffs place... ill pm you with coordinates :lololol:

in all seriousness I ddI just think it may be beneficial coz it seems to be such a large conversation topic. That way it’s almoat a trackable and relevant subject all put it one place for those who have an interest in it, that was all. 

Can arrange fire retardant foam?

19 minutes ago, MBAF said:

Can arrange retard?

Bro I would have sent you an invite. :stirthepot:

Edited by Puffwagon
Lelohol

On 03/04/2019 at 11:14 PM, arronm said:

I will just take a holiday like Ralph wiggum.

That was a short holiday. Solar is going good too. Cheers.

On 28/05/2019 at 10:19 PM, Puffwagon said:

Our solar is going great. We've saved about $800 since it was installed.

I don't watch tv but it seems like a battery is the go. I'll still wait for 12 months of solar data, but even with the high battery prices, it's starting to look like a good option.

Just paid a bill so have last couple of months data. $43 debit last month and $40 credit the month before. As we only had the solar a couple of weeks at the end of March, we already had a bill of $350, that after the past ten or so weeks was a total of $250. Bills were between $300 and $400 per month previously and I've been blasting the 5.5kW heater flat out during the day to keep the house warm for night time.

It's starting to look like a battery will be paid for in roughly 4 years but will have a better idea down the track.

Get some sun up ya!

Anyone have any experience with induction cooktops?

I reno'd the kitchen about 10+ years ago with a Whirlpool gas cooktop/rangehood and oven while on a budget and am looking to take it a step further

The oven takes about 45 mins to get up to 180c and the gas stove just doesn't get hot enough for the cast iron to properly sear a steak

Should I look for a better gas cooktop, or is induction worth looking at?

go gas, ive never had any joy with electric cooktops at all and its likely an issue with the gear you have now plus you will already have all the plumbing etc there for it.