New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 9d
1 minute ago, BAXRTUTE said:

Cheap easy fix for now would be 10mm×10mm L shape angle and spray it the closest color u can find then sikaflex it to the tile. Anything is better then that!! 

My old unit had something similar to that. Was more like a vinyl edging. Hard to explain. Covered up the edges and actually looked quite reasonable 

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 15d

It may be different in your local building code pixy, but worth thinking about if you have lil sprogs around.

And that vanity gap, see that a lot. Usually a piece of timber skirting board (10 x 50) is slid in on glue and then we paint it, followed by the construction supervisor running a bead of silicone between the vanity and our painted timber.

I am painting one tomorrow before handover, this one is on a laundry tub. Plumber installed the tub hard into a corner , trouble was it has drawers which hit on the side of the door frame adjacent before they fully opened!

Not all tradespeople are created equal.

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 6d
1 minute ago, hawlass said:

It may be different in your local building code pixy, but worth thinking about if you have lil sprogs around.

And that vanity gap, see that a lot. Usually a piece of timber skirting board (10 x 50) is slid in on glue and then we paint it, followed by the construction supervisor running a bead of silicone between the vanity and our painted timber.

I am painting one tomorrow before handover, this one is on a laundry tub. Plumber installed the tub hard into a corner , trouble was it has drawers which hit on the side of the door frame adjacent before they fully opened!

Not all people on jobs site are trade worthy

• Like 2

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 28d
5 minutes ago, hawlass said:

My kids are old enough now so should be fine.

Tradies what I have got out of this build is that most of them don't give a flying fark about other tradies work, complete cops.

Took wife up this arvo for a look around and show her the god for ugly colour paint on the front of the house and noticed that the tradies using the toilet. Leaving behind skids

Is there still a port-a-loo on site?

If so they should be using that. I hope they are at least taking off their shoes in your new home.

I tell my guys, "these people have spent hundreds of thousands / millions of dollars on THEIR new home, treat it with respect" 

Its just not that hard.

• Like 6

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 28d

No there isn't, not sure when it was taken away. Maybe builder trying to save on money by getting rid of it.

No shoes off. The only person I have seen take shoes off is the timber floor person. He knows best. I hope the floor is covered with foot prints so I can again give the builder a what for.

Again tradies not giving a fark.

Always makes me angry, saw it just yesterday on a different handover- tradies take off their shoes when working inside then need something from their vehicle so dont bother putting shoes back on.

Walk over dirt n shyte outside in their socks then straight back inside over peoples brand new carpet FFS!

Yes, timber floors are one of the easiest to damage , this same house had some scratches in the floor from the sparkies dragging the wall oven around to install.

Stupid is as stupid does.

And port-a-loos always disappear when the loos fitted in the house, same as the bin being taken away early so fitt off packaging crap piles up and blows around the neighbourhood.

Builders just trying to save coin.

Edited by hawlass