-
Posts
10,282 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Adam
-
The legend began in a car park in SA. Ask Vik.
- 190 replies
-
- fg xr6 turbo mods cheapest
- fg
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
SA tune... He'd know.
- 190 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- fg xr6 turbo mods cheapest
- fg
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Django Unchained is well worth a watch. So is The Impossible. The Hobbit was a long drawn out saga. I'm going easy on it because I suppose they need to set the story.
-
It's no different to the oil that normally goes in them. A lot of people change the oil halfway between services, eg. 7500km.
-
Cat back will result in SFA more power. Change the cat only if you're happy hacking up the stock exhaust or replace the dump and cat if you want the keep the stock exhaust intact.
-
So much information on this forum for you to read up on. I'm continually amazed people still do things like this. If it does that then the damage is probably already done or not far off. SCT, your car is stock. It won't be pinging.
- 190 replies
-
- fg xr6 turbo mods cheapest
- fg
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Cracked piston, bent rod, complete destroyed engine... The list goes on.
- 190 replies
-
- fg xr6 turbo mods cheapest
- fg
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Doing it the cheapest way isn't the best, and more importantly the safest way for your car. Do you have a spare $3-5k to fix the trans, (clutch if a manual) or engine if they break?
- 190 replies
-
- fg xr6 turbo mods cheapest
- fg
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Help! New 19's Wont Fit On The Front.I Have Pictures
Adam replied to Chemarrie's topic in Wheels and Tyres
That can lead to all sorts of problems with the car. I wouldn't be driving around like that. I've seen a car progressively shutdown and become dangerous to drive because the spare that was fitted was a different size to the other 3 wheels/tyres. Are these rims brand new? If so I'd be swapping them for the a set with the correct offset rather than stuffing around with spacers. -
Some also have a repair limit of $1k.
-
Some of them have a time limit for the service too, regardless of the km's travelled.
-
Not even going to bother...
-
Not sure how you've got that idea... Are you one of these guys that doesn't read a thread before posting?
-
Can a Mazda produce an extra 100kw with just a tune? There's deliberate attempts by Ford to limit the potential of these cars. The aftermarket industry has solved every single one of them. I can't blame them for wanting to keep people honest.
-
A XR6T with just a dump and cat sounds like a tractor, that sounds really bad. It's loud and sounds like crap. Not sure why anyone would do it for the street.
-
They can tell the car has been flashed. That approach won't work. It's the first thing they check.
-
Honestly, I wouldn't bother doing those mods. It's a rather expensive mod when weighed against the gain, if any.
-
A hell of a lot!
-
It's also hard to give advice when you haven't solved the problem yourself. I don't know what this "turbo 101" stuff is you mention Nick, but I'd be stuffed if I'd be checking the tension on my turbo nuts to fix an idle issue. Like Tab said, it's great you're having a go yourself, but don't tell others to play the same blind folded darts game you are. If you fix the issue and know what actually fixed it then of course let people know.
-
Had mine for years without a problem. Was fine when I removed it too. Your tune must have screwed it up.
-
What Colour Are Stock Ba Xr6T Injectors?
Adam replied to NickBA-XR6T's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Blue. -
Rough Idle - Have Tried Just About Everything - Stumped!
Adam replied to NickBA-XR6T's topic in General Tech
Don't regap the plugs. What Jet's talking about can happen under load with cars running a higher boost level. Your issue is at idle so the gap won't be a problem. -
Ba Series Oil Dipstick O-Ring Doesnt Seal Properly
Adam replied to NickBA-XR6T's topic in General Tech
They're normally loose. If your dipstick is popping up then you've got another problem. Something is causing excess pressure in the crankcase. Check to see if your PCV is blocked. This could also point to your idle problem. -
Rough Idle - Have Tried Just About Everything - Stumped!
Adam replied to NickBA-XR6T's topic in General Tech
I think you should take it to someone with the ability to diagnose this type of thing. Continuing to play pin the tail on the donkey is only going to get more expensive. -
Could be a stuffed cat.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.