Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

That's just divots from the bolts, I didn't turn it off as quick as I should have. I'm heading over to Bunnings tomorrow to pick up a yoo byoot centre punch cos I don't have one, and I'll also give the bolts a touch with the carbide bur if needed to make them flatter. I've got a blow torch so can heat it up and I can use my tig to heat sh*t up too. No dowels in the flex plate.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

That's the bolts I was planning to get. Dunno if I can be farked adding dowels but I suppose they will add strength.

Haha I'll dowel it, it's only drilling a few holes lol :declare:

Edited by Puffwagon
Slack arse edit

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I can only find mag drills that have a minimum of a 12mm bit. Gonna be difficult to drill a 10mm hole with a 12mm bit.

I got the rest of the bolts out anyway. 5 came out piss easy and the other one wouldn't come out so now I have 5 holes with M10x1.25 and one hole with M10x1.5. Oh well you get that. Will have some bolts this afternoon and should have it back together tomorrow or Saturday.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

The phrase, "don't fix it if it ain't broke" takes precedence here. No farken way am I gonna risk some bullsh*t happening, and it does happen, that will make me have to pull the crank out the engine.

Anyhow I gave my mate a list cos he was near the bolt shop and I've got what I need to put it back together. Haha maybe I'll take it easy until I have to chop some fools. :hrmm:

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Haha yeah I had a bit of fun but I don't want to break it any more than necessary.  Clearly the bolts were the weak link, now they are upgraded it'll move to the next place. At least the tyres let go so that will probably save it from breakages.

I used my old rear main cos I'm a tight arse but it looks like it had a weep going on, so will swap that farker out while I'm there. Here's some bolts and a new rear main. I went for schnorr washers instead of nordlock for s&g.

zJTnObq.jpg

ytIHp2w.jpg

• Like 1