Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 26d

Did a quick run this afternoon and put the numbers into virtual dyno. Made 640awkw at 30psi with only 15 degrees of timing. It'll pick up another 50kw at the same boost level with the rest of the timing added in, I left it there cos there's a bit of 98 in the tank still.

Trans is shifting nicely, nothing much to report there. Will have to check trans temps now that the cooler is getting better air flow.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Once the rings are done you can send it. No need to have a long run in period, it doesn't need it.

Will get some boost into it after the next fuel top up and see about some dyno time.

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Did the vct mod today. Picked the best looking parts from the 3 phasers I had on hand, cleaned them up a bit for better oil sealing then put em all back together.

Did a fairly large adjustment to the tune and so far it seems pretty good. Obviously the whole fuel side of things needs retuning, but it is drivable so I can at least get it dialled in with some road tuning.

First thoughts are that the low end and mid range are back. I've hardly driven it, so will update the topic in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

So yeah drove it a bit and the fuel is miles out. Spent 45 minutes in the driveway dialling it in, got it sorted out until 2500rpm. It doesn't sound like much but there are different cam angles to deal with so it takes a while. An upside is I still have a good tune for locked vct so can use that for the next build...

Also had to change the starting parameters slightly to account for the different speed density model. It starts great when hot, we'll see how it goes in the morning.

Another plus to the vct is now I can stall it up for a launch. It didn't have enough power to get past 2000rpm before and now it pushes through the brake by 2500. I'll post a video whenever I get around to it, should be pretty mental lol.

Edited by Puffwagon
Arrr
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1