Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 22d

I figured I'd better write out a current mod list for anyone following along. Haha not sure where to start but will start writing and see what happens. There's a few other goodies in the works but will add them as they get installed. Did I forget something? Probably :)

Engine

It started life as a NA Territory engine, machining by Chris Milton's in Adelaide and assembled at home by me.

Stock block decked, torque plate honed, line honed

Stock crank

ARP 12mm head studs and ARP main studs

Ross Race Series harmonic balancer

Atomic flex plate

Spool Drag Pro I Beam rods w/ 7/16 rod bolts

Standard size CP Bullet Series pistons w/ OS pins, Cerakote Micro Slick on the skirts and their V Series Piston Coat on the crowns

Atomic timing chain kit w/ crank sprocket and posi lock tensioner

HP Junkie 10mm girdle w/ main caps machined to fit

Stock windage tray minus side supports

HP Junkie billet oil pump w/ high pressure relief spring

2006 BF Turbo head

Athena split ring head gasket

Atomic 0.5mm OS intake and exhaust valves

Atomic anti pump up hydraulic lifters

Atomic roller rockers

Kelford 218-C cams

Kelford KVS40-Extreme valve springs w/ titanium retainers

Modified stock VCT phasers for limited movement

FG rocker cover

FG coils

Some kinda catch can w/ dual -10 to can and single -12 to intake pipe

Hot Side

6Boost exhaust manifold

6Boost 50mm progate into 2 inch screamer pipe

Pulsar 7782 turbo w/ custom 5 inch intake

Custom 2 piece 4 inch dump pipe

Custom 4 inch exhaust w/ Hooker high flow muffler, resonator and Venom 5 inch cat

Cold Side

Stock lower half intake manifold w/ Plazmaman top half

Plazmaman Territory specific intercooler

Custom 3 inch in and out cooler piping

Turbosmart Race Port BOV

Fuel Stuff

Quick Bitz 2200cc @ 4 bar injectors

Stock fuel rail modded for dual feed and centre return

Turbosmart FPR 2000

2 x Walbro 525 intank pumps w/ dual relay setup

Goleby's billet fuel filter

Currently on E85

Trans Stuff

Modified stock converter for 6r80 input shaft and 3500rpm stall

RVO built ZFR80 stage 4 trans w/ billet intermediate shaft and Bluestreak billet planetary

Big arse Aeroflow trans cooler

Tuning Stuff

PCMTec custom operating system w/ launch control, antilag and various other features

Custom engine and trans tune by yours truly

4 bar boost sensor

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 1d

Bloody love your work Puff.

I've just placed all my bits onto the bench to give Jet a run for his money on the parts photo.

You ever thought about starting up your own shop? Or even creating a training course?

There has got to be 800awkw in that build surely :)

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah it's pretty gnarly now that I've sorted the tune for it. I think I need a better converter though, this one has to stay unlocked at WOT so I don't kill the lockup clutch, so it loses a fair bit of speed from each gear unless you rev it right out.

2 hours ago, hjtrbo said:

Bloody love your work Puff.

I've just placed all my bits onto the bench to give Jet a run for his money on the parts photo.

You ever thought about starting up your own shop? Or even creating a training course?

There has got to be 800awkw in that build surely :)

Cheers mate, that should be a good looking bench you've got there :)

I've thought about it and have done some work for other people however it's not on the cards right now.

As far as a training course goes, I don't stay fresh or up to date enough to offer value compared to the PCMTec, HP Academy and other online courses.

Not sure on the 800awkw, the intake manifold might not let it get there, then again it might. It should have everything it needs apart from that, so one can only hope. It previously made 700awkw on 70% injdc and I maxed out the injectors on 37psi of boost the other day, so it's making some power. Virtual dyno said it made something but I'll wait for the real dyno before I go posting silly numbers lol.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 9m 21d

Awesome updates mate. Hopefully it inspires others.

What are your thoughts on the stock lower intake/Plazmaman upper plenum? I've got the same, and it doesn't seem to hurt hp, it's just not as neat as I'd like, and presents another area for intake leaks

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Cheers mate, it was a lot of money, time and effort to get here.

They rate the plenum combo for 1000hp but it might be good for plenty more, I don't know.

Looking back now I should have bought a more race oriented manifold, but will see where this combo ends up.

I would definitely rate it for most applications, it's cheap enough, quality is as good as it gets, retains the runner length which is good for a street car, as far as leaks go it's no different than a stock manifold and it's an easy way to shorten up the intake tract.

I've seen a plaz plenum in black with a black coated lower half, looks pretty good.

Probably telling you how to suck eggs here.... Just ignore me if I am. 

Circle D triple disc. I do notice the ZF runs a continuous slip strategy. I did find a table that zeros out the slip but the results were varied. There are a few other tables I found that I posted about in my zf thread over on the pcmtec forum that I reckon you'd use. You'd need to specify OE woven frictions on par with what they do with there GM converters so that you don't get shudder and also can handle the long slip duration into lockup. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I'll head over and have a look at that thread. For interests sake, I run my current converter as unlocked as the tune lets me. This means it only locks up in low load 5th and 6th gear.

Low load lockup in the tall gear is a good strategy. Its what I do for every mate in there fully sick VE and VFs. 

The hard part is the getting the drag tune right. E.g. you might leave it unlocked 1 through 3, then not long after the 4th shift get her to pull down for the run out the back. Takes a bit to get it crisp.