JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 27/05/14 12:20 PM Posted 27/05/14 12:20 PM Keep starting it but flood it with "start ya bastard" first !
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 27/05/14 12:38 PM Posted 27/05/14 12:38 PM Agree with Ratter , sounds serious. Time for strip down. Sump off, which means engine out or lower front crossmember. Either way, get your wallet out.
ricky Member 39 Member For: 12y 7m 15d Posted 27/05/14 12:40 PM Author Posted 27/05/14 12:40 PM if it's locked up, then there could be some serious damage in thereYeh not shore. The guy at high torque has done a few that have jammed the timing chain without Any issues except pump swap overs. That's why he reckons it's not starting. Will have to wait and see. All the spark plugs are good so atleast there's no holes in the pistons.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 27/05/14 12:44 PM Posted 27/05/14 12:44 PM But seriously rocker cover off and take a look
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 2d Gender: Not Telling Posted 24/11/21 02:36 AM Posted 24/11/21 02:36 AM Split pumps ay?! I guess I musta missed this thread
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/11/21 02:40 AM Posted 24/11/21 02:40 AM well you weren't even a member when this thread was started or last replied to haha
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 24/11/21 02:48 AM Posted 24/11/21 02:48 AM My post was super helpful though …. 🙃
Tom Tucker Legacy Donating Member 711 Member For: 7y 3m 1d Posted 25/11/21 07:57 PM Posted 25/11/21 07:57 PM While I'm here... I uncovered a weird wear pattern on my oil pump when I got the engine built. Motor had billet gears installed into the stock housing, and the gears had etched a series of circular grooves into the cast side of the housing. Maybe some sort of foreign debris got between the gear and the housing. Or somehow the gear just started eating into the housing. New motor has new OEM housing with new billet gears and backing plate, but I can now see the virtues of complete replacement billet or steel units. The standard housing isn't great
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 2d Gender: Not Telling Posted 25/11/21 10:41 PM Posted 25/11/21 10:41 PM Mine was fine for ages when the rev limit was 7000rpm. I raised it and the oil pump failed. The engine saw 7500rpm a handful of times and 7700 just a few times. I used a billet alloy backplate, billet gears, opened up relief port, various smoothing to reduce/prevent cavitation and had an adjustable relief with a stock spring that had 5 turns into it. I've seen those marks in a stock housing with stock gears and I've seen the housing with no marks. They must suck sh*t through them.
Tom Tucker Legacy Donating Member 711 Member For: 7y 3m 1d Posted 27/11/21 12:31 AM Posted 27/11/21 12:31 AM I'm a convert to full steel. But on my next engine build
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now