Fg 428Rwkws

MurdoK

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 27d

Needless to say steve but I have top rac roadside cover these days.already worked out when the fuel pump went and they popped the bonnet,scratched their head and called a flat bed.

Make these mistakes so others dont have to or something like that

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 4m 14d

Yea definitely overloaded. Those older pathfinders have a braked towing of like 1.5tonne. You mate would be pretty lucky not walking away with a heafty fine from transport considering that trailer and xr6 are probably just shy on 3t

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Ok so a bit of an update.

Car has not been running right for sometime now. I suspected a boost leak. Car would make boost on guage but did not feel right still. Ran a datalog on the car and that showed really low boost pressure but I had the feeling I was converting the figure wrong.So I carry on

Bought MTs with intention of taking car down the strip before the season ends this year.

When the stars aligned and I could schedule the time to do so with the missus in tow we headed on down. Still not feeling that well about the car.

Will add that the car drove fine as a daily on the commute to work everyday and peformed good as was driven 99% like a grandpa which is my chosen driving style these days as responsibilties and what not have changed my attitude for the better over time.

So the drags was a major failure. Car did not have any horsepower and was trapping really weak mph. Was good to finally get a WOT run to confirm what I already suspected.car is sick. So rather then risk damage and burn thru expensive MTs the night was called off after a couple of runs. 1.7 60 ft with problems was the only upside.

Car booked in ASAP to assess problem

• Donating Members

Took intake pipes off and gave the car a bit of a birthday under the bonnet the day(cleaned Boost solenoid,intake pipes,all IC pipes that aren't under the bumper,filter clean) before the workshop gets it and it went a small way to fixing a huge problem.

Workshop took a hold of the car and things were finally going to be sorted out.

1st problem...One of the DW300 pumps in the surge was basically dead. Car running dangerously lean at WOT.

wow.very lucky...glad I came away from the drags with an engine in tack.

2nd problem...the second pump was not much better...geez...did not feel very well after hearing this.

Overall  Im very lucky but was living on the edge. Cant believe my luck/bad luck.

These were swapped over for walbro 460s and the fuel problem was fixed but the car still wouldnt behave on the dyno.

Car was only making 11psi and wouldnt go higher.oh dear...

There ended up being a big bloody split in an intercooler pipe hidden under the bumper.

This was the best news because there were a few theories thrown around and an IC pipe is the quickest and cheapest fix.

So all bolted back together it ran on the dyno and it ran well.

I now have 2 tunes for e85. An everday tune and a harsher drag tune.

everday tune was at 470rwkw and the drag tune made 495@ 20psi.

despite all most dying and being through a few thing in the 6 years Ive owned this car this Barra will not die and still goes Hard.

Workshop told me it was making 360 at 11 psi when they 1st ran it with problems so I should definately notice the extra power. Havent had much chance to get into being responsible and all that but yeah it goes hard.

Back to the drags sometime soon. Was told it really should be trapping 135mph and mid 10s so that's what ill aim for. But I am still very green at this drag racing business so baby steps.

Edited by MurdoK
  • Like 7

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 4d

Good outcome mate! Lucky to walk away without a popped engine. Looking forward to seeing the times she lays down once you make it back to the drags.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Wowsers mate I thought those DW300's were good ... Obviously not so much 

how old are they and how long on E85 ?

got a dyno sheet ?