MurdoK

Fg 428Rwkws

Sooooo I own a 09 FG XR6 turbo and have done so for a bit over 3 years now.

Didnt own it long before deciding to mod it and be happy to never speak to ford again.

Fitted ID 1000s,Nizpro Cooler, Nizpro Exhaust and a tune.that netted 302rwkw's and felt very strong.

img002.jpg

(Green= stock,Pink=tune,cooler and injectors and Black= after exhaust fitted)

Next was some Brembos(6 piston fronts,braided lines,DBA T3 and upgraded rear calipers).Took it to the strip and ran a best of 11.95 @117mph on some abused street tyres and was pretty happy

Original plan was to enjoy the new power for a few months before upgrading turbo and the like.

Well over 2 years later...and with a tune that needed some adjusting and a gearbox that wasnt at its peak anymore I decided to finish off what I started.

New rims and tyres for more grip and some more go fast bits, GTX35 and a tune

sideedit1_zps65f290ae.jpg

e3d9e0d6-62f2-42d8-9709-746fd3c4fb7f_zps

So 428@17psi on pump 98.

List of mods: ID 1000 injectors,Nizpro Cooler, Nizpro Exhaust, GTX3582 with actuator and port work, growler to keep the stock crossover, Twin pump process west surge with kit to fit upto factory rail, Valve springs, XFT built stage 2 gearbox with input shaft and tailshaft upgrades. earls turbo oil line.

after now spending some time driving the car and adjusting to a completely different drive,I love it. WOT runs changing gears is seemless and quick.

Next will be some pump E85,ET streets and try to run a 10. oh and some fun at powercruise.

Epic effort mate. That is some serious power!!

What exhaust are you running?

Looking at your 302.4kw dyno sheet the torque increase is epic after the exhaust was fitted (black line).

Cheers

Yep you cant say enough about the power of NIZPRO. Should see high 400s with E85.

Did you change the camshafts. Is it a built motor. That RPM seems to high for stock motor and cams.

Edited by arronm

well done mate. got be happy with that. a lot tuners r making that power on e85 not 98. that's a awsome result. well done to simon at XFT. he is one of the best.

stock cams and engine arron.only valve springs have been touched.

cheers Marky. Simon sure does know how to get these things up and going

That dyno graph is a pretty good comparison of the effect of upgrading to a larger turbo. The boost on the low end is softened quite a bit on the bigger turbo.

and you really feel that too. with the 6 spd gearbox though its not hard to keep the revs where you need em.

was pretty surprised myself at the end result especially with the stock crossover but plan on hitting the strip soon to see what it actually puts out

most full throttle sh*ts I remember aren't that amazing lol.

gear box has settled in nicely now and I recommend it for those thinking of doing it.

Edited by MurdoK

Sooo a bit of an update on things...

Powercruise happened and it was a bucket of fun. Still managed to get chopped by a lot of cars but had fun in the process. managed to scare a few of my mates which was even funnier.
nothing like screaming down the main straight then smashing the brake pedal hard trololol.
car didnt miss a beat and the still new nitto invos were excellent.however after the event the tyres have gone off :( and lost all that fantastic grip. Too much heat?

Next was a run down at the drags still with the invos on. Was really trying a few things to get confident and find out what is needed to run a good time. did not produce one good run but
was still a good night out with a few of the WA members.

Best time slip
img248_zps5de9243c.jpg

The next week was kindly offered to go down the strip again on a forum members Boganspeed, Nitto NT05 ET streets and try my luck.The track was prepped for an upcoming event so I couldnt
resist and headed on down again.The night was ruined with many cars dropping oil on the track and only got 3 runs done in 4hrs.
after 2 crappy runs I received a txt from Bogan saying "you need to do a big Smokey Burnout" so I did. Launched much better

img249_zps534e5033-1.jpg

Plenty left in it as I was all over the place on shifts and definitely more in the launch.

Next up was a trip to Simons @ XFT for some pump e85 goodness.

img250_zps65422c86.jpg

Yep e85 is good. 480rwkw @ 19psi.

The car has more urgency now compared to the pump tune and im sure it could probably get a tyre going as well...

480 must be pushing the upper limits of the stock motor(only valve springs fitted) so will be interesting to see what happens from here.

next up I plan on hitting the strip again. Mickey Thompson ETs and rims to suit will be purchased and ill endeavour to run a 10.

I would invest in a tailshaft upgrade, just sayin.

the only downside of the e85 is only getting 270-300km per tank

Edited by djkice

tailshaft built along with upgraded input shaft and built box.

your right about the economy. id do about 300kms if not less in a week so at the moment its not much of a problem.

Love how dusty old stock looking xr6 turbo engine bays are pumping out 600+hp and a skyline or similar would be blinged up to the sh*tter with shiny silver pipes and the like and pushing 350hp with 18psi of boost

I've been saying that for years about mine as well...hahaha.

Stock crossover and plenty of dust FTW!!!

Take it to Racewars 2014 maaaaaaaaaaaaayyyynnn! Would need a trailer up there or a support car with E85 drums, lol.

Gotta get that pipe sprayed, stock mode = complete ;)

agreed. will look at plastidip or something of the likes me thinks

racewars may well be on the cards. watching some of your vids steve it looked like fun