k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/05/14 07:55 AM Posted 24/05/14 07:55 AM Also, the stock one is M10x1.5 & M10x1.25, so you just replace like with like!The locking nuts are a bit of a hassle to get on, but are a great product in terms of the ability to keep the manifold and exhaust housing as close as possible!
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 24/05/14 08:00 AM Posted 24/05/14 08:00 AM Well I need anything I can to keep it on I don't want it happening again... Happened after the drags on Wednesday night I believe. Ah well. Learn from my mistakes I guess
Kosij Legacy Donating Member 2,045 Member For: 15y 1m 20d Gender: Male Posted 25/05/14 10:16 PM Posted 25/05/14 10:16 PM I have the stage 8 fasteners, in two years I've never had to tighten the turbo
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 26/05/14 04:54 AM Posted 26/05/14 04:54 AM How many kms is that?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 26/05/14 05:47 AM Posted 26/05/14 05:47 AM Gasket and nordloc washers here. Am yet to have an issue.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/05/14 05:55 AM Posted 26/05/14 05:55 AM Regular maintenance is also sufficient...
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 26/05/14 05:57 AM Posted 26/05/14 05:57 AM $10 worth of nordloc washers that remove the need to regularily remove 4 bolts that are installed in an Ally cylinder head is a win in my book.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/05/14 06:08 AM Posted 26/05/14 06:08 AM Agreed. Nordlock is another very good solution.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 28/05/14 02:37 PM Posted 28/05/14 02:37 PM missing out on "the Pixies" live at the Opera House !All the fancy festival lights an that.Thanks for the heads up Farkers Could have been great
jas98 Member 1,053 Member For: 14y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: Maryborough Qld Posted 28/05/14 03:13 PM Posted 28/05/14 03:13 PM $10 worth of nordloc washers that remove the need to regularily remove 4 bolts that are installed in an Ally cylinder head is a win in my book.where did u get them for $10..? I was quoted 30 ...for 4.I dont have a gasket installed but I will put one there when I have turbo off next. I was told not to use one due to the fact the metals are different in the gasket as to the manifold etc and when hot it shinks/expands etc and will cause studs/bolts to loosen more.....but after all these years and k's its not a bad idea to use one
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now