Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• 2 months later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 27d

Haha dong isn't getting any smaller, sharing is getting lol

Second day back in the gym, been a long time since I was in it. Things are going well, muscle memory is my bitch and I'm looking forward to seeing some steady progress again.

As always I'll do a 1rm attempt, but it won't be until the end of the year. Here's to hoping I can add another 10% this year, sh*ts getting harder as the years go by but I ain't dead yet :devil:

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 3m 17d

had a deload week last week, first workout back I was bloody exhausted between sets going back to it, but strangely not lacking in intensity/effort in the lifts themselves... but yeah, just happy to still be going hard :spoton: 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

Of course you will, you're a powerful f**ker when you get going... Some say I would be, too, one day... :spoton: 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 27d

Yeah man, should only take a few months to get strong again. Haha I'm sure you have some strength to you by now, you seem to have been pretty consistent with your efforts.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

yeah, I've been massively consistent since 2016 when I re-joined a gym; have only missed a gym session when I'm fair dinkum sick. 

I have plenty of strength, especially when you consider my skinny/tall frame and my lack of genetics to help with muscle growth :) The fact my de-load week is a fair chunk more than most people lift is a reasonable testament to that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 1m 1d

Even playing sports in the gym or anywhere should be in moderation and not spoil your health, so assess your capabilities sensibly. If you decide to exercise seriously, it is better to improve your general physical condition for the first 3-4 months in order to prepare your body for future stress!

• Member For: 1m 1d
On 25/02/2024 at 1:55 PM, Puffwagon said:

So yeah, got through my first week of strength training fine then pulled the trans out my car. Trans tried to fall so I caught it and farked my elbow...again. I didn't train for the remainder of last week, I worked on my car instead which is still some kind of physical exercise. My elbow is bearable just sitting around doing frig all, but something is wrong and I need it to be 100% to train heavy or even light with high reps. Even benching sucks, the left side is strong af with no pain and the right side says yeah nah.

I've got an appointment with the doctor next week so hopefully I can get something sorted. Worst case I'll need some more time off that elbow movement, which I will use to get everything else big and strong. I can still deadlift, squat, curl in the squat rack, use the pec deck etc so I might be doing a lot more of that, we'll see how it goes.

Does your doctor at least advise you about your training and not aggravating your health problems? It's better to take this seriously!

Edited by Elephant