HSE2 Member 322 Member For: 23y 8m 29d Location: Tasmania Posted 11/01/03 02:23 AM Posted 11/01/03 02:23 AM Surprised no one has mentioned shannons, and they offer discounts for club members
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 23d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 11/01/03 02:41 AM Posted 11/01/03 02:41 AM Shannon's wont cover the Turbo.Well they will but it'll be 4000 a year!!! (When i called last year).
rjs Legacy Donating Member 525 Member For: 23y 9m 11d Location: Sydney Posted 11/01/03 03:16 AM Posted 11/01/03 03:16 AM Hi guys,I have just checked the NRMA online quote estimate and found that they recently increase the premium from $2200 to $2700. I am 23 male living in NSW with 60%NC bonus. I guess now the insurance company are getting to know this car and it's a potential as time goes pass. I just hope that the XR6T does not end up like the WRX with it's insurance prices.
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 11/01/03 04:53 AM Posted 11/01/03 04:53 AM That sux.. Im dreading when i have to renew my insurance.. i was hoping it was going to come down.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 6d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 11/01/03 05:11 AM Author Posted 11/01/03 05:11 AM That sux.. Im dreading when I have to renew my insurance.. I was hoping it was going to come down.Yeah, that's really what l lwas afraid of.We only paid $465 for insurance this year, l can see that increasing 50-100% come renewal time.But what can you do?
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/01/03 05:18 AM Posted 11/01/03 05:18 AM At this rate I'm glad I'm going on a novated lease...$1000 a year compared to $4100.
HSE2 Member 322 Member For: 23y 8m 29d Location: Tasmania Posted 11/01/03 06:02 AM Posted 11/01/03 06:02 AM Shannon's wont cover the Turbo.Well they will but it'll be 4000 a year!!! (When I called last year). yeah well $4000 is effectively saying you won't insure it . That surprises me
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 20d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 17/01/03 12:40 AM Posted 17/01/03 12:40 AM Just got off the phone with NRMA, my previous quote of $898.90 (2/12/02) is no longer valid, the new price (higher of course) is $984. Not happy, but there's nothing I can do.
Guest Trevor Guests Posted 17/01/03 02:20 AM Posted 17/01/03 02:20 AM Interesting topic.I can't beleive the difference in premiums from one company to another.I struck a similar problem. I had my AUXR6 insured with AAMI as well as the wife's car and home and contents insurance. Have used them for 6 years and on rating one for life, never claimed, but when quoting on my XR6T they wouldn't touch it because I was 29. They told me it was OK though because my wife is 30 and she is covered to drive the car.The choice was easy really - find another company or let my wife be the only driver of MY brand new XR6T.Sorry AAMI but all my business is now elsewhere.I got insurance through CGU/VACC for $735 and replacement if written off or stolen within the first 12 months.
AMoffat Member 744 Member For: 23y 10m Posted 17/01/03 11:21 AM Posted 17/01/03 11:21 AM I rang Shannons as well. I once had a motorcycle insured with them. They didn't want to insure the Turbo as it was a daily driver, private registration.It may be the usage pattern rather than the car.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now