Insurance....merged Topic....

Mondie

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 17d

One of the few negative things l have read about the XR6T is the potential insurance cost.

l was pleasently suprised when l went into our local RACV branch last week to get a quote on our XR6T, l was quoted only $481 (our current car, a TS50 is also with the RACV at $850) Should mention we live in country vic, l am 32, my wife 27 and we are both rating 1. Makes me wonder what all the fuss is about, l guess the WRX can be ridiculous to insure, so the XR6T was assumed to be in the same basket.

So how has everyone else got on with insurance? Have you been able to better my RACV quote?

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

I got an online quote with NRMA for about $780. I'm actually with AAMI and as an existing customer the quote I expect will be cheaper - somewhere between $600-$700.

Age does have something to do with the quotes but so does location, popularity of the car to steal, repair costs etc. My other car is a 200SX which I believe is quite pricey to insure in Sydney but living up on the Gold Coast it only costs $620 a year.

Incidentally, I'm 27 and the 200SX is registered with my wife as the primary driver at 32. Both have Rating 1 for life.

Guest LionHeart
  • Guests

Rating 1 for past 3 years, wife for longer....

AAMI - 1200

RACV - 1100

Ford Insurance - 1500

National Aust Bank (Allianz) who ia am with for 2 cars and a house so I get a 5% multi-policy discount - $2400!!!

Guess who just lost a customer!!!!!!

Live in North West Of Melbourne in the Suburbs Im 30, wife is 29..

And they say crime don't pay.. Should have went into Insurance... :unsure: B)

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 7d

$2400 NRMA

$2150 Ford Insure

$4500 AAMI (and i laughed at the guy when he told me) :D

Ended up going with Ford Insure. 60% No Claim Bonus.

And im 25 from Sydney

• Member For: 21y 5m

Hmmm...I think last time I checked it was around the $2300 mark from NRMA for me...I'm 23 from Sydney, and that was quite reasonable compared to what I pay for the Corolla unfortunately, damn yet another reason to look at trading up :(

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 17d

Hi Cro,

that's just ridiculous.

They obviously dont want your custom. that's nearly 10% of the cars replacement value.

Do you intend going for the turbo, or are you now looking at other car options? Tried many oter insurers?

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 8d

Mondie, I want the turbo, I love fast cars, and XR6T is perfect for us, family car, fast enough, I like manual but my wife doesn't, so the SSS is perfect.

We were looking at the Subaru Libery B4, but it was too expensive, not as big as the XR, and the fact that even in sportshift mode if you go over a certain amount of rev's it changes gears for you.

NRMA was the cheapest I could find.

Just cars quoted me around $12,500, AAMI won't insure anyone with a Turbo that is under 25, GIO doesn't want to know me either.

I don't know of any other insurance agencies to try, if you can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

I was previously insured with NRMA for my 1.6L 4cyl 2000 Pulsar. Cost me $2500 a year for it, but when it got stolen they quoted me $5800 to re-insure it if I got the same model car again.

I don't know how they work out their pricing structure, because when I asked how much to insure the Libery B4 twin turbo 2.0L, they quoted me $4800.

Edit: Ford Insurance just gave me a quote of $4182.

Not a big improvment, but every little bit helps. :)

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

I think Melbourne's cheaper than Sydney.

Hey Cro - have you considered purchasing the car through Prosperion They're a Novated Leasing Company so if you or your wife's employer will go for it, you can pay for the car with tax free dollars and your insurance will bea flat $1000, paid for with pre-tax dollars.