Jump to content

Boosted1

Member
  • Posts

    346
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Boosted1

  1. ?? I seriously dont understand the comment of the car running up on the front roller, it hardly moves on the straps! correct if the vehicle does run up of the front roller it does yeild a higher dyno reading, but I seriously doubt this is the case here. I have spoke in many occasion to this tuner, and he isnt the one to just want a dyno figure to put on his wall. well done on the ute mate! nice turbo choice, turning out to be quite a weapon
  2. this may be bacause the fg's need more boost (with the smaller turbo)to produce the same power, that the bf's do on the larger turbo. boost and rpm causes valve float more so than the power it makes.
  3. found this on youtube while being bored, surely this is more than a cat change to over boost to 20+ psi. nd how is this motor still alive? hope he got a tune quick smart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhQoBYtZF_w
  4. Yep aaron from dtm does know his stuff with the btr's and does have the results to prove it too!
  5. Clay Bar time! gets rid of it peice of piss! did my mates car
  6. ive drove Bris - Melb about 5 time now, and the last time I did it was in my ute. roads where shocking due to the floods in sth qld and north nsw, buckled 2 rims and stone chips galore on a fresh painted front end! its not a bad drive if you have a mate to talk crap with. btw the newell hwy is 100 not 110 like the old days. I looked into transporting it, cheapest I could get was 1500 (floods in qld at the time) if you can do it for 700 its not worth saving a few hundred in driving it. flights, food, fuel, kms on the car, stone chips, speeding fines.
  7. this thing was off tap at powerplay!! was just playing with 10s cars
  8. was a great day!! cheers to Chris (Mummba)for the passenger seat, goes sick for just cooler, intake and injectors!! haha just have to ask the cammed ss boys Nd lee well done on the powerskids! def deserved the 1st place! this year had alot of very very fast cars was def worth the flight up to bris!
  9. haha im flying up for this tomorrow morning, the rain better off!!!!
  10. +1 hooker or magnaflow
  11. hmm, the salesman I had was awesome! picked up my ute for 34,000 and wanted to test drive a 6 speed before deciding on trans. the only 6 speed was a 315 gt on the showroom floor. :) could have knocked me down with a feather when he gave me the keys for the arvo!
  12. that's a huge turbo mate! may I seggest if you are going down the billet turbo path their SB70-GTS maybe even SB72-GTS would flow more than enough for your requirements. but these turbos will be quite laggy if you want to do track work. but will love the powerskids I was looking at the SB70-GTS for my build but decided againsed it be good to see how your build goes mate, Mark from billet turbos knows his stuff!
  13. HOLY S*IT!!! that's impressive for the mods done!!!
  14. Vairable intake runners, ford have had this since the introduction of the Broard band manifold.
  15. that pulls through 4th gear on the dyno quicker than mine does in 2nd hahaha SICK
  16. de-stroked motor LET THE REVS BEGIN
  17. I would be taking that up with ford service head office, that's crap!!!
  18. haha got my attention
  19. Looking Sick!
  20. clean the throttle body, very long shot but is possible. also has the car had a new set of spark plugs put in? are they colder plugs?
  21. put a bigger actuator on, it will allow better control of your wastegate. you might find it will boost spike with the standard wastegate with no porting. the actuator can be done with the turbo on the car but its a bitch without a hoist!
  22. I know someone who is having a good go at running a 10 on the fg comp wheel! on e85, and a few other goodies!
  23. Well done lee! def has a 9 in it! with a nailed launch and with winter temps!
  24. I think you will find the factory overboost is on kickdown.
×
×
  • Create New...