Jump to content

Boosted1

Member
  • Posts

    346
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Boosted1

  1. I am looking at selling my ute soon, as I hardly dive it now but am having trouble sorting out a price. its a 2009 fg ute with 31,000km on the clock, Black with auto Trans and Factory hard lid Major Mods 19" rims with new tyres lowered with kings Custom Tailshaft Battery relocation Fuel pump Bosch injectors Rapid V1 cooler 4" intake with k&n filter Hta 3794 turbo 4" dump with Custom 4" exhaust with Hooker turbo mufflers Xcal3 with 3 tunes. (15psi, 17psi, 17psi E85) Minor Mods Iridium Plugs Cooler thermostat Boost / Temp Gauges Makes over 400rwkw with ease I will be buying a G6 turbo or a Bf mk11 ghia. something a bit more sedate that both myself and the misses can drive. just depends alot on how easily is can sell the ute. I am having trouble sorting out a price for it. and any ideas on how to price it would be great!
  2. +1 Looks F-ing sick!!!!
  3. Plastic tank is the Water Methanol res
  4. Nice work Lee! Bring on the 9s
  5. yeah semis surely would get ya close with a good 60 footer! I am thinking about geting better rear struts, maybe bilsteins. need to stop it squating and hitting the bumpstops if I want a good launch! haha dont wanna lift it, I still think it looks too high!
  6. hopefully early next year. I think heathcote has a tnt on the 15th? pertty keen for then. you think yours has a 10 in her?
  7. NICE!!!! gives me more confidence with 275 19s I have.
  8. Impressive 1/4 mile time Spoolax!!! cant wait to send mine down the strip. was the semi's?
  9. hey mate! yeah still retaining the standard fg manifold. seems to help spool the hta quick! I will be going a highmount manifold to accomodate the t4 exhaust housing I have. highmount mount the turbo higher up in the engine bay, and the low mount retains the factory position. after a week of driving it to say I was happy would be a massive understatement! all the little issues I had with the fg have gone! the power delivery on both the e85 and bp98 are just awesome!
  10. Thanks mate, yeah this turbo goes really well! cant wait to throw it on a highmount with a t4 1.00
  11. it is a Walbro intank as far as I know. it is hard to beleive I stated that myself, but lee (Dalts) pushes round 400rwkw and a shot of gas. all through a powerglide and stally!
  12. haha yeah its only been a year in the making this tune haha! bloody fuel systems! mods are as listed in the sig, beleive it or not that run is with an intank pump only.
  13. um it really depends mate. Bruce had an fg that went 355rwkw on his dyno (dyno dynamics) and went 377rwkw on a mainline 3 days later at a comp. as they always say a dyno is a tuning tool and shouldnt be compared. oh one thing. my turbo was quite lazy comping onto boost with 100% boost commanded. and was only making max15psi uptop. we then ditched the 100cpi cat and the boost came alot earlier and with less commanded boost and would boost over 20psi with ease! so if you have a cat maybe ditch it and see what it does?
  14. Yeah I couldnt recomend Bruce any higher mate! the gtx will make good numbers just make sure you have a very very high flowing cat and good wastegate port! yeah this turbo is crazy efficient! wish I got it tuned up 12 months ago haha! yeah should be back that way in jan feb next year. (powerplay cough cough) hows the head work going? its a mix that Bruce uses and it enables you to run more timing like you can with e85, but also allows you to get more out of your injectorsand fuel system. although I may do a full e85 tune and see if it makes much differance. it is also good for out in the sticks because I can have 100 litres and it lasts me forever!
  15. haha yeah soooooo close to 600rwhp!!!! I was painting line the whole way home lastnight. hehehe btw congrats on the 1000hp mate, that's a mean feat!
  16. yeah something like that, give or take a little. im not really fussed with the peak figure, we could have pushed it heaps further with more boost. but the turbo seems to like 17psi. on full e85 and more boost it would have see alot more.
  17. After a marathon on a day (dyno breaking twice) and a dead cat. we ended up pulling the numbers at 10:30pm after a 8:30 am start! (not to mention the 5 hour drive there and home) 344rwkw @ 10psi (base run) 400rwkw @ 15psi 420rwkw @ 17psi all on pump 98 438rwkw @ 16psi 446rwkw @ 17psi tapering back to 16psi all on 20/40 mix of 98 and e85 all tunes are running quite fat and safe. boost comes on very very hard makes full boost by round 3000rpm to 3500rpm big thanks to Bruce and his crew for the dedication they showed to get the car to where it is! Next step is Engine build and T4 housing!
  18. yeah 20 litres of e85 with 40 litres on bp98 seems to work well. still heaps more in it! running quite fat in mid rage and up top.
  19. here is my dyno sheet. showing its coming on full boost round 3500rpm not bad power for 16-17psi we are working on it coming on earlier.
  20. yep epic spool noise is a good way of putting it! you should hear it on full noise!
  21. HAHA love it!!!!
  22. I Dunno about the HTA being heaps more laggy. im making 10psi @ 3000 14psi @ 3300. it does creep to 3~6psi but then snaps the needle to the boost I have set. (makes it good for traction) RDP had 21psi @ 4200 when I was looking at turbos I nearly brought a PT6765 (very simular to the HTA3794) but with the amount of failures the HTA turbos have (mine failed within 10 mins on the car). MTQ brought 2 into the country RDP got one and Tekkani the second. RDP rebuilt theirs due to bad bearings, and Tekanni's was rebuilt due to having the same fult mine did, luckily before he brought it from them.
  23. in the wet with the small fg turbo is stupid, but with larger turbos you have a little more throttle play. but get too heavy on the throttle......
  24. yeah true will prob get a 95oct tune. just doing a service on her ready for tuesday! what fuel filter do you guys recomend? (havent done it since I brought the rig)
×
×
  • Create New...