Jump to content

Boosted1

Member
  • Posts

    346
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Boosted1

  1. exhuast and tune over 400rwkw!!!! DAMN!!!!!!
  2. just out of curiosity, the fg ute has a a full 3 inch exhaust to the rear diff. would it flow a little better than the sedan exhaust? just looking at that pic above where it splits into 2 smaller pipes then back to 3 inch.
  3. hey mate, as said 330rwkw is round the limit of the smaller turbos. but beleive me 330rwkw with one of them is ALOT of fun! very quick onto full boost, quite hard to get any traction. great street turbo!! if I was in your boat and had a goal of 330rwkw, I would keep the factory turbo for the time being. put a 12lb actuator on it, full cooler kit, 100cpi cat with center muffler removed, x force 4"dump, shorten the inatke path (as your battery is not in the way) these mods above with your injectors will get you there or very close to your power goal. dont worry about doing your valve springs unless your tuner advises you to do so, some take 350rwkw some take a little less. same goes for the fuel system. with the dump, cat and turbo actuator now upgraded you should be able to push more boost quite safely. (round 14-16psi) haha but at the end of the day if you are wanting to push 350+ rwkw in the future maybe doing the turbo upgrade is a good idea.
  4. wont need balancing if all you are doing is changing the exhaust housing.
  5. valve float usually occurs at high rpm, with the valves floating the cylinder its occuring on becomes useless. and in effect makes the engine miss on that cylinder. engine vibrations, coughing, lack of wanting to rev all are associated with valve float. once it occurs usually it will continue to make the engine miss till you have brought it off boost. its something that when it happens you know its not right. what boost and kw are you running to get the valve float? I was pushing 17psi and anymore than that it would float very bad. that was at 320rwkw and now am pushing 350rwkw on 11.5 psi with no float at all.
  6. hope they do
  7. Wivenhoe Dam emergeny 'fuse plug' spills at 75.2M as the fuse plug dissipates when it gets so high as it's built with soft material like sand so that when water reaches that point, the sand washes away allowing the water to escape: Secondary Spillway Type Ogee crest spillway with limited concrete lining controlled by fuse plug embankments Number of Fuse Plug Embankments 3 Size of each Fuse Plug Embankment Bay 1 (centre) 34m wide Bay 2 (LHS) 64m wide Bay 3 (RHS) 65m wide Initiation Levels Bay 1 (centre) EL75.7 Bay 2 (LHS) EL76.2 Bay 3 (RHS) EL76.7 So its like a disposable wall, first one will dissolve @ 75.7, and that's 34m wide. the next one (LHS) is 76.2m, and the last is 76.7. at that point there is 165 meters of "spillway", is this true???? and the dam is at 74.43 @ 4:40 this arvo
  8. I have the same noise, I put it down to diff whine. Fg auto
  9. I thought it was at the geelong ford museum, well it was a year ago.
  10. well after 6 weeks my ute has been off the road getting a new turbo done. after having massive issues with the turbo, and being very unlucky. it is now on the ute and running like a dream! the turbo I settled for is a HTA3794, profiled to suit the standard exhaust housing. the turbo specs are 67mm inducer, 94mm exducer on the comp wheel, and a gt37 exhaust turbine wheel. this turbo should give simular if not better results to the to4z conversion that alot of people are doing. the hta3794 will come into its own when a bigger exhaust housing is put on.... but that is down the track a little. the exhaust is goin on next week, it will be a single 4" all the way through, with a 4" dump pipe.
  11. I have a good feeling my ute will be down there this thursday night exhaust should be sorted early next week.
  12. if its aspley maccas, who wants to give me a lift?? that's if my turbo doesnt turn up today??
  13. ill come down for a look!
  14. I rekon it would be very simular mate. but it depends on what exhaust housing you are putting on the to4z. .84,.100 t4 or the gt35 1.06 t3 with the gt35 turbine wheel, which is what alot of people are doing these days. the 6 boost manifold will give better spool being tuned length wich will make up for the slower spool time on the to4z
  15. I think chris needs to put his old ute in the other cars section
  16. holy crap! that looks awesome! I am sold on him doing my exhaust
  17. haha yeah riki I have heard a vid of your exhaust. fu*ing loud!!! hmm very tempting price....
  18. I couldnt agree more karl! I think I might be heading brians way sometime soon, although he is very very busy atm. There is a guy down the coast who did the work on chris's old ute who might be a goer, Done some pretty awesome work on that. With the turbo I have I need as little back pressure as possible, so might even axe the cat
  19. between 400rwkw to 500rwkw mate
  20. what seems like a reasonable price to be paying for a custom job??
  21. oh true! haha deserves its own page haha
  22. last weekend at the Hi-torque dyno day, turboworks brought their new toy to the comp. just thinking it was another skyline I didnt give it another thought. I was wrong!!! the engine is an xr6 turbo motor (atomic)?? that was an hour old at the time of the dyno comp. and still pulled 800+hp here is the link
  23. second that! I too watched us get belted round the ground, atleast the v8s where on. I hope this sh*t weather ends soon!!
  24. haha Hiro vs Ben, 42 vs 42 now this will be interesting!!!
  25. Nice work lee! that's going to be a massive handfull! Powerskids:)
×
×
  • Create New...