Jump to content

Boosted1

Member
  • Posts

    346
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Boosted1

  1. did you find it brought the boost on earlier running on E85?
  2. judging by the AFR's it running on E85? Cant wait to get mine tuned on the stuff on tuesday!!!
  3. Yeah will do buddy! I think he is doing an E85 blend tune and a bp98, I dont want the valet tune so what kinda tune should I throw in there? any suggestions?? we dont get E85 up here so I will have a few drums in the tray for special occasions
  4. well brought the tune forward to this tuesday, just need to get my hands on some E85! if bruce thinks my ute needs it I will also get the ZF tuned.
  5. feel for ya mate! im sure that your tuner will do his best to sort it out for ya! as seen with veva's dyno sheet and his efforts down the strip this turbo can produce the figures. I have never had a initial tune that is exacally what I wanted, ive always had a touch up here and there. use this as a platform and work from it! my initial tune was lazy as at 350rwkw (very simular to your current tune) and would be laggy and hardly spun 2nd! coming from 320rwkw on the small fg turbo which would do 3rd if I was trying hard enough I was quite dissapointed. then I got another tune bringing it on harder down low and the results where massive (broken tailshaft to prove it haha) I was told by a friend "a tune is like a women, the first one you get is never what you end up with" AL
  6. well all things going right I should be down in Adelaide on the 12th of december. I have decided to thow a surge tank on not sure what brand yet, but looking to see mid 400s. bruce was saying he likes to have a walbro in the tank as a lift pump, so will have to get that in this weekend. on a side note how far can a walbro be pushed "safely"? hehe might be taking a few drums of E85 home with me (should keep the cammed holdens at bay) haha and yeah "jetspec" tune all the way!
  7. Hey! Looks like my ute will become another "Bruce" tuned Falcon in the next few weeks! still deciding if I only want a touch up tune with a bit more boost, or go all out and wack a surge tank on it and go for E85. the current tune is not feeling fast enough anymore haha what type of fuel setup does Bruce recomend for round 400rwkw to 450rwkw??
  8. my turbo did the same thing mate, mine turned out to be a heat sheild in the exhaust housing contacting the back of the turbine wheel. this was due to the tolerances being to small and once the turbo heated up the metal expanded and seized the turbo. this would be a very unlikely cause, but just putting it out there. and if it is a thrust bearing (non ball bearing) it wont spin as freely as the ball bearing due to the thrust bearing needing oil pressure to operate.
  9. pt 6765 ball bearing? hope it is boags! will be off tap!
  10. rattled the valve springs edit just noticed it is a bf mk11 would be unlucky if your valve springs where the problem.
  11. I found that out the hard way, decided to try out some semi slicks and launch it with boost off the line.... and now I am lacking drive to the wheels lesson learnt haha
  12. ah yep! fair enough. I tend to agree about the stock pistons. and yeah 300rwkw to 350rwkw doesnt sound like alot in terms of power, but in reality (from my experiance) they are worlds apart on the street! the beauty of these engines and high power is that you can have 350rwkw + and off boost it may as well be stock to drive. but they change very quickly once the boot is applied!
  13. whats wrong with Bruce Heinrich? from what I have read here and other places he is a great tuner.
  14. iwas thinking about doing this too! but am a little turned off as you are welding it into cast. dunno how long it will last even if you are an awesome welder! I was going to weld the gate where scatter brain has and then try and get a t4 flange on there too!
  15. gees mate!!!! I hope for your sake we are all right. but from what you are describing it defs sounds like a flexplate. its quite a common problem once you start pushing some power through the ol 6t. spesh with the zf box.
  16. I think you are able to obtain them from both companies. mr turbo is the go to guy for the billet comprssor wheels. he deals with quite a few variants, from the garrett ones to borg warner. it was a path I was going to go down before making my turbo descision
  17. flexplate has come loose I would say without hearing it.if so dont drive it, if your competent on tools can be done yourself, if not your nearest tuner/ trusted mechanic can have it done in no time. seggest getting an atomic flexplate and new bolts if you are going down the mods path later on. zf auto too? how much power are you pushing?
  18. hey I have a mate who has just driven from brisbane to perth and wants to know where there is a car wash in freo to wash the "desert" off his car haha. cheers!
  19. yeah got the .70 cover on mine. have you done any highway driving yet? I drove mine to melbourne from Brizzy. with cruise on @ 100 all you could hear was turbo whistle for 1800km!!! novelty wore off quite quick haha. but yeah this turbo spooling up is nuts! best sounding turbo I have heard! I think RDP couldnt get the .50 to work and had to revert back to the .70 cover not to sure what happened. also MTQ rekon the turbo really needs a larger front cover for the size of the compressor wheel. will be good to see how yours goes on e85, im waiting till I get back to Brizzy for my tune on 20psi. get clinton to work his magic! wack oil pump gears in and a head stud kit. wind the boost up. bottom end will love it
  20. "only thing about it is they are a bit noisy" haha yeah not wrong. I put insulation on the inside of my air box to quieten the bastard down!
  21. exhuast bolts right up. and the intake will have to be modded to 4". also the turbo pressure side is 2.5" not 2.25"
  22. do what I did kyle, buy it with a t4 exhaust housing so that when you wanna go after market manifold and chase big power you can. this turbo works well with the 1.06 t3 exhaust housing. but would be mental with the t4 1.00 housing.
  23. wish I got tax back hahaha I smell at GTX42 nah the billet turbo will go good for 450rwkw
  24. Nice! what size comp wheel did you go for in the end?
×
×
  • Create New...