Welcome to Ford XR6 Turbo.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MaStars

• Content count

• Last visited

Community Reputation

23 Excellent

About MaStars

• Birthday 06/09/88

Profile Information

• Interests
    Engineering, Motorcycles, Cars, Body boarding, anything RC and Drones

Recent Profile Visitors

340 profile views
  1. would you consider selling them separate? I just brought a set of ID1000's but looking for an xcal x4
  2. Wasn't today but the weekend fitted the new cooler and intake. ID1000 injectors on there way with a tune of course.
  3. Progress update. Over the weekend I installed a new Nizpro Intercooler which I brought from a great fella on here, took a bit of massaging but finally got it in only just clears the crash bar and what ever the thin cooler is in front of the radiator. as you can see I scratched the coating of a bit which pissed me off but noting a bit of black nail polish didn't fix. Also picked up a second hand but in pretty much new condition KPM Intake for a great price thanks to gumtree. Pretty happy with how it turned out, been a long time since I have worked on cars. Photos below;
  4. Hello, Ok so I purchased a Nizpro Big FMIC kit from a fella from this site last week. The plan is to put it on as well as other mods in the future (I.e xspurt 1000cc injectors, intake muffler delete, herrod CAI, and a Xforce HF Cat and Dump) end goal looking for the 300+rwkw mark and 11s and even maybe e85, max out the stock turbo. However I only have the intercooler so far, waiting to save up for the rest, I 100% plan to get all tuned with a sct x4, once I get injectors/HF Cat etc but further down the track. My question is, will I do any harm if I start putting on the Intercooler and do the intake stuff without a tune?, I understand I will not get any real power increases, but as I don't get much free time, and any free time I would love to jump on the job of putting the IC kit on, say this weekend, the rest at a later date. But is this ok without the tune? will it do any damage? is it safe to do so? I drive the car as my daily. Any help or input would be appreciated. Ben
  5. what size is it? HP rating etc? any photos?
  6. yeah na, not painting everything just the fog light surrounds for now I personally have always liked the "stealth" look so to speak, so like black on black and low, but I will say the brushed/polished wheels have grown on me.
  7. Plasti-diped the grey fog light surrounds to Carbon Black this stuff is amazing so easy to use. happy with the change didn't really like the grey
  8. So I had a play with the Plasti-Dip style spray on wrap stuff today, I used the DUPLI-COLOUR Carbon Black I believe super cheap sell it. The grey fog light surrounds bothered me because the whole car is black and chrome, and having the grey fog light surrounds irked me a bit. So I only did them so far, really happy with how they came out I am still considering trying the wheels purely as an experiment, I think I am staring to come around to the brushed/polished style of the factory 19s. You guys and gals have changed my mind a bit I amazed how easy this stuff is to apply, also any over spray wipes off in seconds with alcohol. thoughts?
  9. not looking for massive power happy with about 300rwkw, from what I have heard not to much issues with reliability, for engine and gearbox at that power, I will be getting a independent trans cooler at the same time. thank you all for your input has been very valuable I think I will try blacking out the grey fog light surrounds as they annoy me in grey but I think my mind has changed about the wheels.
  10. funny you say that was just having a discussion with my colleague here at work and he is bringing in a can he has of matt black dupli-colour custom wrap paint, essentially the same stuff, and we are going to have a play tomorrow. might start with the fog lights as a can will only do a single wheel.
  11. Hi fellow boosted ford lovers. I have always thought black on black would be the way to go, I have been looking at aftermarket wheels however I don't think its withing my budget at the moment and I want to save for some power mods first as well. I have been considering powder coating or even anodizing the factory 19" rims I have as they are growing on me, would be much cheaper? I have done a quick Photoshop below that give me a bit of an idea how it will look, however I am interested if any others out there have changed the colour of the factory wheels and have some real photos? even better if there on a Black G6ET. whats your opinions? experiences? etc
  12. Added my first modifications over the weekend. DBA T4000 rotors and Project Mu HC+800 pads all round and adjustable front and rear Whiteline sway bars. Both have made a huge difference for the relatively low cost, really happy with how she stops and turns now for a land barge ;). next more power!!!!
  13. with only 250kw wouldn't it just be better to get a xr6 turbo, up the boost a little and not have to worry about the hassle of running NOS on the street? just my opinion which means sh*t all really lol
  14. Just found one of my front tyres was at 22psi I wonder if that could of robbed my of my 12.9 I noticed through the night my MPH was dropping off slightly, I wonder if it was consistently getting lower through the night. would make sens because a low front tyre wouldn't affect 60ft much but could affect the top end? thoughts? Also note the tyres I am running are elcheapo maximus @ $140 per tyre, and were running 38psi all round. I wonder if wit better tyres I would of got a 12.9 also, I didn't notice a massive amount of slip?
  15. another clip vs a ls1 Expensive Daewoo Ute. I just won