• Member For: 15y 10m 20d

That’s a great result for a TT on 24psi 

Graph looks strong as mate 😎

Time for Roll Racing dude 

• Thanks 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 20d

I know of a ticket up for grabs if you want to go ;) 

Is that 4 gear ratio on the AWD D/D ? 

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Yeah man I'll grab it then. Text me tomorrow if you want.

Yeah that was 4th gear on the awd DD dyno. I held 4th at 40 to 45kph on the detent for a couple of seconds then let it rip. I had the ramp rate at 200 cos I was worried about the trans.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 16d
It touched overboost at 5900 and 24.5psi and went blblblblblbl as they do. I'll address this in the tune and it'll be fine.
Mine does this only in 1st gear though and was warned by the previous owner saying it misfired every now and then also. Could be traction control but I have nfi what it is and haven't managed to log it as it's so random it drives me crazy! Back off the throttle and it's fine though to continue so I ruled out overboost as I thought you needed a restart to fix that??? Maybe valve float but it also drives funky when that happens at least with my experience from my BA turbo originally did both (overboost and valve float) back in the days of piggybacks...

Excellent power though mate for a self tuner! I know it's a built engine but many struggle to get that power through performance shops but I guess you have unlimited time to do it so there's that... Still doesn't diminish the achievement though so kudos to you.
I know@Grego.77 had huge hurdles on and off the whole way through his build process and he spent a small fortune on it in the end even though he did everything on it himself bar building the ZF and tuning but he also drove it like he stole it! Did sand dunes and all but in the end sold it for cheap after all that work...

I'm going to buy an airbag set with the outer bag covers to see if I can stop the car from squatting to much on launch. I really should buy new springs and shocks though as they are the original F6X ones still...
  • Thanks 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
1 hour ago, bjc said:

but I guess you have unlimited time to do it so there's that...

I started working full time a couple of months ago. I only work on my cars on the weekends now cos there ain't no time during the week really, with kids and making dinner etc.

Haha I'm more surprised that I made the exhaust as good as I did, than making over 500.

There is no secret to making the power but a fair bit of money is needed to make stuff reliable.

In other news I managed a 3.95s 0 to 100 :launch:

1 hour ago, bjc said:

Mine does this only in 1st gear though and was warned by the previous owner saying it misfired every now and then also. Could be traction control but I have nfi what it is and haven't managed to log it as it's so random it drives me crazy! Back off the throttle and it's fine though to continue so I ruled out overboost as I thought you needed a restart to fix that??? Maybe valve float

It could be a bunch of things man but an occasional misfire shouldn't be too hard to sort out.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 16d

Yeh the "all the time in the world thing" was more meant as you can do it (logging, changing cal) on your dime whenever instead of paying a shop a squillion dollars to do it and just plug away whenever, improving bits here and there...

It could be a bunch of things man but an occasional misfire shouldn't be too hard to sort out.
I could probably change the coils although they appear fines a few cylinders were swimming for god knows how long before I swapped fresh plugs. I should have squashed them to 0.60mm so will do that at some stage but the temp here now is getting to be to painful to work during the day on it. We did escape the heatwave from the weekend but I'm sure the humidity will smash us like a champion anyway!
The exhaust does look good too... Maybe a Varex rear mufflers for your car, although pricey I've been told are excellent for cruising. I would insert the resonator in the middle section.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 11m 11d

Ive had the overboost cel a couple of times, my fault playing with settings incorrectly.

I think if u overboost 3 times it comes up..then car runs wg pressure till you restart it.

Edited by BeerTurbo
Bad at life

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Ah ok fair enough. Yeah I wouldn't want to pay for the stuff I've done to my territory. It's already got a lot of money into it and it'd easily be double to get a shop to do it.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 16d

Great result, well done. You know you can program out the kickdown in manual mode, adjust the shift/lock schedule, Table 27 as set the 100% value in the 2-1, 3-2, 4-3, 5-4 and 6-5 values the same as the lower percentage values.

I can get WOT in any gear in manual mode without kickdown, it's handy when the car is on the dyno.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1