Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

The Territory and Falcon tanks are very different, the Falcon tanks suck balls basically.  A Falcon tank would definitely benefit from a fuel mat, though come to think of it, it would work well in a Territory too.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did some tuning today. Apparently gapping the plugs did the trick cos straight away it ran up 605awkw with no tune changes.   I frigged around with fuel and boost and this and that, and mana

Here's the graph. I had to run it in 3rd to get a number as I was hitting a speed limiter in 4th and was too tardled to work out how to remove it. I disabled it in the vid block, changed it in the tun

Got to the dyno today and it went pretty much as I expected. The exhaust showed to be a huge restriction but we all knew that anyway. The first run right off the bat showed 367awkw on 16psi and

Posted Images

Yes you told me about the mat for the tank and tbh that's probably the best method without going external surge tanks.
Did you drill out the return quick fit on the top of the intank module (4mm I believe?) and also remove that check valve bead/BB that's in the swirl pot?
Apart from undersized return line (if that's the issue) they are the only other things I can think of...

Bleh long day.

Added a bulkhead fitting to the tank and ran a 10mm fuel hose from the end of the steel return pipe. Fuel pressure dropped from 6.5 bar to just under 2 bar. Set it to 4 bar, welded a giant split in my newish muffler and hit the dyno.

jmkwRKk.jpg

Did a couple of hours on the dyno to dial in the custom PCMTec sd fuel map. Ended up with 474awkw at 23psi on 98 octane. 10 degrees of timing for the interested. It needs work but it's getting there.

aosAQzW.jpg

ZU7P1po.jpg

Edited by Puffwagon
My butt
  • Like 2

Yes and yes. Just when you think about clicking the shifter at 6k, you let it go to 7k instead. The video doesn't really do justice to how it goes when it's already spooled and going for it, and I think it might have tagged the limiter here as it was a bit funny at the end.

High stall is definitely on the cards and should be done with a built trans within a few months.

• Like 2

Nothing much exciting really. I added a bunch of timing to the middle of the rev range to smooth out the dyno graph. I also added a metric buttload before it comes on boost and although I haven't had it back on the dyno, the car is much more lively. It reaches full boost by 4 grand now on the road and revs to 7 so there is a decent range of power there.

Having nearly 500 on 98 is cool enough by itself but it's enough power for the street so I'm happy. Heheheheh can't wait to see what it'll do on e85 :devil:

• Like 1

I spose that is probably the case before it is on boost. The main thing to adjust was when the timing drops, due to the change of when it reaches full boost and peak torque. Because it reaches peak torque later, I needed to make it all happen later, which it is now. Still only got 10 to 11 degrees in it up top, but the transition is where it needs to be for the most part. I'll dial it in on the dyno when I get a chance.

I gotta say it is much more thirsty when I drive it hard, compared to 400 and stock cams. Haha goes hard though :launch:

• Like 4

Drove it work with the knock ears set up and found a tiny bit of detonation only perceptible with knock ears. Removed some timing here and there and readjusted some more on the way home. The motor is all kinds of quiet now in regard to combustion noise, not that it was rattling before ;)

I think I need to adjust some sh*t in the trans cos nearly every time I touch the 7k rev limit, the trans will go into limp home mode.

Also I've nearly run out of 98 so that means the next 150 litres going through it will be e85 :nyam:

So the fuel restriction is/was in the swirlpot be it the barb on the top, the check ball (where ever that is as I only have a picture of it) or the black fitting on the bottom?
Are the knock ears the Tuner Nerds or did you buy a more expensive device?

Quoting a mate from being on E85 and then had to switch back to 98oct, Hopes and Dreams... Lol

Sounds awesome btw especially flinging past the 6k stock limit is just plain cool!

I think the restriction was in the hard plastic line quick connects. The hike is tiny and even though I drilled them out, it didn't drop enough pressure.

Still using tuner nerd.

It goes hard enough on 98 now that I'm happy with it. Haha ask me again after Saturday!

• Like 1

Got the e85 in the tank and some on the ground...oh well ya get that. Did road tuning for 10 minutes and got the 1000cc injectors dialled in.

Still using 98 levels of timing to make sure my fuel tuning had a safety net if it went too lean, it was at 86% injdc by 4700rpm and 24.3psi boost with a 12.0 afr (petrol scale). The injectors went static at 5450rpm and 25.3psi with an 11.76 afr. By 5700rpm it was at 12.24 afr and climbing quickly, so I got out of it.

I'm sure it'll make some power tomorrow when I put in the 2000cc injectors again and wind it up a bit. :launch:

• Like 3

Dial in the cams properly, get more wg spring and see how that goes. I've still gotta fit my fg rocker cover and coils so that will be a job for next weekend.

The thing is an absolute animal now :launch:

• Like 2

So it turns out that the weird looking sh*t in the middle of the graphs before was the screamer pipe farking with the dyno, cos I shielded the computer today and it helped out a fair bit. This is the wg on full send the whole run, 100% duty from start to finish. I think there will be some low end gains to be had when I sort out the cam timing but this is where it's at for now. Here's the graph anyway...

QVnAtju.jpg

• Like 1