Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 25d
24 minutes ago, bjc said:

If that rear muffler is the same as xforce used for the xr6t first time around which was pre 2010 before they switched to single straight through 3.5" rear mufflers then it's worth 2 psi. You could tell by looking through it from the 3.5" section when it was removed it was choked to like 1.5" either side...
Dave Sheehy (blueboost and now CPV owner) was the one who brought it to my attention and I could have sworn I put pics up on this forum about it!?
I had no cat also at the time with the split dump pipe.

No, this was a custom HiTech Muffler I had built at my request. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I now realise I should have gone with 3.5" over the diff, then 3.5" inlet and either 3.5 or 4" outlet. I went twin 2.25" outlets to try and keep it quiet, but will change this at some point and go bigger.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

I wonder how hard it will be to get a 4 inch pipe through the rear section? I'll be ordering all my pipe and mufflers next week for the 7675 exhaust system and am thinking that everything will be 4 inch. I've already got some 4 inch v-bands in the post so I guess I'll just see if I can make it work. I have access to a hoist and stands etc so I'll have the best possible chance to make it work.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d
I wonder how hard it will be to get a 4 inch pipe through the rear section? I'll be ordering all my pipe and mufflers next week for the 7675 exhaust system and am thinking that everything will be 4 inch. I've already got some 4 inch v-bands in the post so I guess I'll just see if I can make it work. I have access to a hoist and stands etc so I'll have the best possible chance to make it work.
I'm pretty sure the 3.5" system with a 4" dump pipe will flow just over 600rwkw (620?) with all supporting mods. Exhaust manifold like your 6 boost was the go and a built engine. That's what Zane from Maxx Performance said and posted it up on Faceboobs a while ago now...
4" will be drone central I reckon, unless you can build a helmhotz resonator targeting that frequency although I've never heard of someone doing it!
  • Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

As silly as it might sound based upon my previous posts, I want to minimize the airflow restrictions in this build. I could have had a xforce varex system on the car months ago to get more out of this turbo, but the main reason I kept the stock exhaust for so long is that I didn't want to do things twice. I've always planned to run a bigger turbo than the gen2 gtx3582r but it's just taken a while to get sorted.

At any rate I'll be injector limited for a little while, but one step at a time hey :)

Long story short,  4 inch pipe and mufflers are what's getting ordered and delivered this week. :ielh:

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

So yerp, 8 hours of cutting and welding later I have a turbo back 4inch exhaust system, with one high flow cat and one resonator at the end. I used 4 v-band clamps through it so it can actually be removed quickly, unlike the stock system.

When I get more time I'll sort out some dyno tuning and then some e85 tuning. I pulled the tune back to 20psi and pulled a degree out for good measure today, and will do some road tuning tomorrow to check for knock.

All the fun :drivingalong:

• Like 3

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I've got a couple... The dump is the 4 inch venom and the cat is the same except cut off to 4 inch with a vband welded to it. No pics of the dump though.

Also you'll have to imagine the rear section fully welded lol.

a1ZP1eO.jpg

QDwH3P6.jpg

8hrNMsH.jpg

lt4Rv4v.jpg

fjjHQ8t.jpg

• Like 5