Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 06/09/22 08:24 AM Author Posted 06/09/22 08:24 AM Yes you can just bypass it, you don't need to block off the solenoid but I spose it won't hurt to keep dust and water out of it.
Slowxr6t Member 593 Member For: 7y 9m 29d Location: New zealand Posted 06/09/22 09:06 AM Posted 06/09/22 09:06 AM Ok thanks @Puffwagon I'm gonna try 19psi of springs in wg, a 14psi outer and 5psi middle spring. The 14psi spring by itself gave me 12psi boost so hopefully might have 17-18psi of solid holding boost and be done with my bs oscillating boost problem for good. Had 2 guys try to fix it on road with no luck. My 4inch turboside intake, 4inch dump and wastegate combo and ramping boost in hard has confused the stock boost control and ecu and also the local tunas.
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 06/09/22 09:25 AM Author Posted 06/09/22 09:25 AM As long as it has the right numbers in the tune to support the expected boost pressure, it should work fine.
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 08/09/22 01:50 AM Author Posted 08/09/22 01:50 AM Phew I finally found some valves. They're 0.5mm oversize from Atomic and the price was awesome. Sucks that I'm paying to get the head worked on twice but it is what it is and things are moving forward now. 2
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 12/09/22 07:01 AM Author Posted 12/09/22 07:01 AM The valves arrived today and I dropped them off to the workshop. Now it's just a waiting game but shouldn't bee too long now. Haha it's almost like I've said that before! The place doing it puts out top quality work and they don't stuff around with how long it takes to finish it, so it actually might be a couple of weeks this time! 3
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 26/09/22 03:22 AM Author Posted 26/09/22 03:22 AM How bout dat, it was 2 weeks ago I dropped the valves off! Got the head back today, springs have great pressure, preload is good, seats are cut to 0.5mm os and it's ready for assembly. Gotta finish off another build first then I'll get into mine! Ok carnts I sh*t you not, this time it is 2 farken weeks until it's back on the road! 1 1
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,114 Member For: 18y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/09/22 03:35 AM Posted 26/09/22 03:35 AM I'm actually a believer in this... 😮 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 26/09/22 04:11 AM Author Posted 26/09/22 04:11 AM Me too
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 27/09/22 08:53 AM Author Posted 27/09/22 08:53 AM Could it be I actually know a thing or two??? You'll never know
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 27/09/22 10:15 AM Posted 27/09/22 10:15 AM Coatings on piston skirts have been out for yhondahzzz bro Always worthwhile addition to a slug 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now