JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 30d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 16/12/20 06:13 AM Posted 16/12/20 06:13 AM I suppose the question is do you find it good value for money knowing what your previously somewhat bolt on hot side/turbo cost vs all this associated costs for these results are ? From my calculations there is probably ~$6000 plus in going from your previous target (446 rwkw) to this 540rwkw Due to the complexity of a non direct bolt on G series vs GTX series it might be worth the effort/money Time will tell especially how it drives
Tom Tucker Legacy Donating Member 711 Member For: 7y 3m Posted 16/12/20 06:32 AM Posted 16/12/20 06:32 AM Its a fair question. I think for most people probably not, but this is just an interim step for me. I wanted to get the turbo setup and everything working together on the stock motor before building it. I guess most people would do it the other way around. But now I know the setup is capable of 600kw easily, I can build the motor to handle that all day, noting I'm way more interested in response and midrange. That 500+kw was never a goal, just part of the test and evaluation process of an ongoing build that seeks to optimise everything that I can, within reason
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 30d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 16/12/20 06:49 AM Posted 16/12/20 06:49 AM A good way to go about it mate and your finished combo should be very responsive and snappy ! Bring on the build
Tom Tucker Legacy Donating Member 711 Member For: 7y 3m Posted 16/12/20 07:12 AM Posted 16/12/20 07:12 AM Hopefully there's some usable data for others. Should clarify too. Response AND power are required haha
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 1d Gender: Not Telling Posted 16/12/20 07:43 AM Posted 16/12/20 07:43 AM 30 minutes ago, Tom Tucker said: Response AND power are required Should have bought a supercharged LS then
Tom Tucker Legacy Donating Member 711 Member For: 7y 3m Posted 16/12/20 07:59 AM Posted 16/12/20 07:59 AM I actually had an FGX XR8 previously. Prefer the turbo, but that's just me 🤷♂️
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 1d Gender: Not Telling Posted 16/12/20 08:06 AM Posted 16/12/20 08:06 AM (edited) I don't mind either way but there is a noticeable difference between the supercharged stuff and the turbo stuff in low down response. Edit: Great results though mate Edited 16/12/20 08:06 AM by Puffwagon
sixman Legacy Donating Member 604 Member For: 22y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: Hills District, NSW Posted 16/12/20 06:57 PM Posted 16/12/20 06:57 PM Amazing power for 20psi! In a manual the lag would not be great on the street. Is it deliberately ramped in slowly? I think peak boost at or under 3000rpm is perfect for a street barra, if you have the driveline and tyres to handle it. Guessing with a built engine would go to about 28psi?
Tom Tucker Legacy Donating Member 711 Member For: 7y 3m Posted 16/12/20 08:56 PM Posted 16/12/20 08:56 PM Yeah, its deliberately ramped on slowly. Build motor I'd like to be able to run 30psi, but whether my budget can stretch to fire rings etc we shall see
Bulletime Legacy Donating Member 937 Member For: 15y 8m 22d Gender: Male Posted 16/12/20 10:10 PM Posted 16/12/20 10:10 PM Theres a G35-1050 comparison on an F6 on youtube now too 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now