Is a GTX3582 the best option?

3Katz

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 17d

I use any 98 that's available and have no issues with all of my turbo falcons (to be sure, the most power I've ever had recorded on 98 is 345kW haha)

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 17d

it's a bit off topic to the thread, but I seriously doubt BP would make their 98 more knock resistant than other major fuel manufacturers, since they all have to be independantly tested to obtain the RON rating.

• Like 1

• Member For: 6y 11m 26d

Yea my car had an autotech tune in it when I bought it and it would ping on anything other than BP98. Most tuners prefer BP98 I have noticed. Apparently Shell have upgraded their 98 recently and is suppose to be better than BP, I don't know but I'm not a fan of the friction modifier they put in it anyways. Its all in the additive packs these days but the specs are not available to the public anymore.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 2m 22d

Well it drives great, I've just driven the 400k home. I really don't have much to compare it too though except my old 400hp XY and that was a few years ago. Clint did say he notices a difference between Caltex and BP 98 but I doubt it would be the main issue here of being 50+ kw down.

Ok my post was too long it seems. It's in a BA RTV and I'm using an eboost street as boost control, I wired it to see rpm in case he needed to use boost correction but he didn't need it so I think that means boost dropping of in the higher revs was not an issue? The engine is getting 19psi through the PW cooler so the charge is there or is it not that simple?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 28d

Hot day, sub par fuel, maybe exhaust and probably intercooler/iat's will be the reason it wont make more. The fuel alone will be worth about 20kw at that level in my experience, due to having reduced timing.

Don't worry about the number though, that will change day to day by a fair bit anyway. Enjoy it for what it is.