BF Mk 2, not unopened anymore, not stock turbo anymore

Tom Tucker

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 28d

So installed the big 1400hp axles. And replaced all the suspension bushes in the rear. Learnt a lot doing it myself. 

Dropped the car off today to get the engine built. Will take a few months, but the progress continues. Will finally be able to stretch the G35-900. 

• Like 3

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 28d
13 minutes ago, JETURBO said:

Who’s doing the build mate ? 

Whats the specs on it ?

Using the builder that East Coast Customs uses, Tremaniac. They've done all the tuning, so I'm keeping it in house to make sure any potential issues are sorted.

It'll just be a basic build. CP Bullet pistons, not sure what rods yet. Tremaniac like using carillo. Upgraded timing gear, the usual stuff. Keeping 12mm head studs with washers. Not sure about cams. I really want a different sound and higher power band, but no spool penalty. Will probably keep stock unless they're pitted.

Any suggestions?

Got the T-56 Magnum to throw in as well. Interestingly, East Coast Customs do big LS builds and one of the guys was telling me some of their customers with big blowers have broken TR6060 boxes, and replaced with magnums, none of which have ever broken. I thought they were the same internally...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Here is a review of some Dynomite Performance cams that show it making power for longer in the rev range with no spool penalty.

Edited by Puffwagon
Why not?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member For: 6y 10m 28d

Me likey cams, I think TBRE have a couple as well, not sure if they are off the shelf though, earlier boost and longer rpm. I think these engines were supposed to rev to (make power to) 6k but ford realised oh sh*t these are going to be a bit wild and smash their v8's.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 7d

Doing any head work? Porting the exhaust side theoretically helps spool. Always wondered what results Higgins or the like would get with Barra heads.