TDJ187 New Member 1 Member For: 7y 3m 7d Posted 21/06/19 01:30 PM Posted 21/06/19 01:30 PM I started with a NA FG XR6 & ZF 6sp, auto and decided on a power upgrade rather than a car upgrade (hoping to save $$) which has gone south dramatically! I am after any suggestions or advise that may help the following... When I collected car the mechanic proceeded to tell me that he doesn't really know what he is doing with the FG as opposed to the B series. I was told by the guy to take it to a performance tune shop and have the motor "paired". No one had any clue and now I have the following issues; Car only engages P, R, N, D and doesn't change from 1st once put in D. Secondly is the driveline upgrades (tailshaft, diff) and how important they are? Next I have an issue with ABS brakes, shuddering and skidding (maybe a bad tube?) The security feature and factory config on old engine ecu have been turned off, no key FOB or safety features active. The boost controller? is apparently not wired up, but I am unsure what to look for or where to find it. I am fairly good with the parts side of it but I have no idea on turbos and what's required in regards to maintenance and repair. I really like the FG and hope this doesn't leave a bad taste. I feel as though a new car would have been cheaper, to this point I have spent about $8k and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. PLEASE HELP! I will help where I can in return. Aprreciate your help guys!
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/06/19 09:24 PM Posted 21/06/19 09:24 PM Solid example of why we tell everyone to sell the NA and just buy the turbo ! If you want answers start with donating to the forum mate, you’ve got more to spend anyway so start where you’ll get correct answers 1
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/06/19 05:05 AM Posted 22/06/19 05:05 AM just burn it ! seriously why do people think its a simple straight swap? as jet said we say sell your na and just buy a turbo for this reason. club FG take note ! ha
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 22/06/19 05:29 AM Posted 22/06/19 05:29 AM the cheapest way is the dearest way... Take it to a tuner that knows these cars and get them to sort it. its gonna cost....
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 7m 30d Gender: Not Telling Posted 22/06/19 07:59 AM Posted 22/06/19 07:59 AM Get in touch with this guy. https://m.facebook.com/Whiteford-Tech-168145224027606/?__tn__=%2Cg
BeerTurbo Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 8y 4m 19d Posted 22/06/19 08:33 AM Posted 22/06/19 08:33 AM 18 hours ago, TDJ187 said: When I collected car the mechanic proceeded to tell me that he doesn't really know what he is doing with the FG as opposed to the B series. Sounds like you need a better mechanic. Tailshaft - If you keeping the car stock you might get away with standard NA tail-shaft and Diff. Personally I would look at getting yourself a turbo LSD diff and decent SH turbo tail-shaft or new replacement tail-shaft before you go chacing any power upgrades. they proberly did not connect the boost controller because they couldn't figure out all the electric issues and did not want the additional headache, would be along the same lines with the ABS stereo and all that, if they have changed the ECM to a turbo one, they have not paired it with the car correctly and basically everything up sh*t creek. you will be best to go see someone who knows whats they are doing.
NA_TURBO Member 532 Member For: 10y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 22/06/19 09:32 AM Posted 22/06/19 09:32 AM Why did they change the ECM? Non turbo one can be modified easily to work with PCMtec or Hp tuners, with the exception of boost control.
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 7m 30d Gender: Not Telling Posted 22/06/19 09:40 AM Posted 22/06/19 09:40 AM Why confused @k31th?
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,109 Member For: 18y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/06/19 09:46 AM Posted 22/06/19 09:46 AM his page doesn't instill confidence... I've seen him posting his ads all over fb groups for years and nobody has recommended him before in any of those groups, so that also doesn't instill confidence... that's just my feeling, though, and he could be perfect for the job
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 7m 30d Gender: Not Telling Posted 22/06/19 09:51 AM Posted 22/06/19 09:51 AM Ok fair enough. He has been recommended by Roland over at Pcmtec in some of their forum posts. I haven't had anything to do with him but that was why I made my comment.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now