k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,110 Member For: 18y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/05/15 03:09 AM Posted 22/05/15 03:09 AM see if you can beat these two slips with a stock VF R8.http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/85965-12595-10964-stock-fg/http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/84728-1265-113mph-stock/if you can, I'll be very surprised Barra turbo FTW!
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 22/05/15 03:14 AM Posted 22/05/15 03:14 AM Seen some hard to believe numbers from so called "stock" turbo's over the years but you have to take their word on it unless you can prove otherwise Even here in SA theres a bloke who has bought twice brand new ( BF2 xr6t and FG F6 ) and both have been the quickest stock cars I've ever seen on the street Has a cheeky smile everytime you ask him if its been tuned yet with a reply of .... No Just a "freak" motor some call it , I call it tuned but what would I know .......... Again 1
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/05/15 03:17 AM Posted 22/05/15 03:17 AM (edited) Lol I fail to see either of your points and what's funny? Jet you seriously gonna sit there and tell me its not impressive how close it is given how much less power one car has? Cmon man farkin hell?This was never an attack or a beat up of either which is what its turning into. It was about how good the barra is and I'm sick of saying it.You guys are banging on about a base model fgt vs a r8 clubsport lol? If were gonna be like that how bout stock miami or fkn fg f6 vs vf r8 hmm.Stop being stubborn jet you know its bullsh*t how fast a fgt actually is in reality. And Keith stop stirring him. Wish I never brought it up now.....Sorry keif but I'd have to agree with the plug, stock manual 12.8. I don't believe it. Bloody good driver if it is Edited 22/05/15 03:23 AM by barnz
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,110 Member For: 18y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/05/15 03:18 AM Posted 22/05/15 03:18 AM (edited) I'm not stirring, just trying to not spread incorrect information. FACT: factory delivered VF R8's are slower in a straight line than factory delivered FG(1/2/X) XR6T's and FG(1/2/X) G6ET'sSeen some hard to believe numbers from so called "stock" turbo's over the years but you have to take their word on it unless you can prove otherwiseEven here in SA theres a bloke who has bought twice brand new ( BF2 xr6t and FG F6 ) and both have been the quickest stock cars I've ever seen on the streetHas a cheeky smile everytime you ask him if its been tuned yet with a reply of .... NoJust a "freak" motor some call it , I call it tuned but what would I know .......... Again what motivation (other than saying "hell yeah look at me I have the best stock time") do Seaton and 10SECN have for their threads, then? Are you calling them liars?Just because you bought a slower car, doesn't mean that the FG's suddenly got slower in stock form to match your purchase EDIT: if you want to talk about how fast this new car MIGHT be, it'll be at least as quick as a stock FG F6... (I believe the record for that is around 12.3 or 12.2 for a quarter mile). One can only assume that if they do make this car, the car will be quicker than a stock FG F6 due to lower weight and same potential powerplant. Edited 22/05/15 03:24 AM by k31th 1
Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 22/05/15 03:33 AM Posted 22/05/15 03:33 AM 5
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 22/05/15 03:53 AM Posted 22/05/15 03:53 AM Seen some hard to believe numbers from so called "stock" turbo's over the years but you have to take their word on it unless you can prove otherwiseEven here in SA theres a bloke who has bought twice brand new ( BF2 xr6t and FG F6 ) and both have been the quickest stock cars I've ever seen on the streetHas a cheeky smile everytime you ask him if its been tuned yet with a reply of .... NoJust a "freak" motor some call it , I call it tuned but what would I know .......... Again As I said somewhere ran mid 12's @ 117mph in a tuned BA 250 rwkw ( chimp chimp) , so yeah possible 12 6 out of a stock FGIMO. Gearing of BTR V ZF and turbos will have an impact. On factory rubber ( yes factory) the FG would be a more difficult driveto get the same time v power. just my 2c
Wilko16 Legacy Donating Member 1,672 Member For: 18y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/05/15 04:11 AM Posted 22/05/15 04:11 AM 4
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 25d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 22/05/15 05:05 AM Posted 22/05/15 05:05 AM I thought Dave Sheehy (blueboost) ran an 11sec with his stock FG F6 auto?I could also be...
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 22/05/15 05:25 AM Posted 22/05/15 05:25 AM Wilko called me an areshole 1
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/05/15 05:46 AM Posted 22/05/15 05:46 AM Exactly how many do I have to own/drive/modify of both until my statement to have merit?ŠKoda's rule
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now