Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mt Gambier, SA
Posted

The GTS was delayed a couple of months, but I think the Clubsports etc are out now.

SDP, and WOGPOT are on the money with their comments. Go have a look at the car, and see how out of date an FG is now.

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted

How much faster would it be really.

The difference between it winning or loosing...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 7d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Yes you are right Dags... But 85% if punters out there will not ever race there cars to 100 or do the QTR mile...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 11d
Posted

I actually had a look at a VF R8 yesterday, they have one in Westfield Parramatta, for the Cancer Council raffle...front end looks good, and so does the interior but the back end takes some getting used too.

From my experience the VE/VF should be pretty much line ball with a BA/BF T.

I have had a few encounters with the 6.0 litre in the BF and they are very close...(stock BF)

The FG in stock form seems like its in another league to the BA/BF in regards to acceleration, and I'm yet to line up an SS in my FG, but I'm quite confident it would get it convincingly.

I personally think the time for the FG is fairly realistic, but for some reason I'm not convinced a stock SS can pull a 13.1...

if you dont mind me asking, when did the VF come out? I thought it was launching in a few months.

Maybe no one likes holdens in my area :S, seen a few ferarri 458 italias, audi r8's and 911 turbos but no VF to date :(. Think I might go out for a joyride cruise tomorrow and try n spot a vf

I have a white 458 and red 458 driving around in my area also...daily drivers too...we talking about the same cars?...lol

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 10m 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

dunno lol, you near carnes hill? the 3 I've seen to date have been red, white and black and within a minute from my house

hopefully be in one myself one day.....

Edited by sct911
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

^Go to vegas and then you can ;) www.exoticsracing.com

Must be a swish area!

  • 2 years later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Guys,

The new HSV Clubbie R8 has a standard blower but it's $85k on the road. The XR8 is circa $60k on the road. A new 304kw VF SS is circa $50k on the road. What are the pro's and cons of the last two? And how much for a supercharger kit for the VF? $12k from Harrop?

How does a $60k XR8 with factory blower compare to a VF SS with blower at around the same money after the blower costs are factored in? The VF SS has a better seating position and a wishbone rear end but it has a poopy McPherson Strut front end. Both cars are too big to be true "club sport" cars. A quick look at laps times XR8 / XR6T / Focus RS shows that. How much is an STI?

PAH

  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 6m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

STI is about $60k. Personally, I owned an FG XR6T with Teins and an FG2 GT with Shockworks...and my standard VF redline handled a sh*te load better than either of my falcons did. Sat extremely well on the track, I was very impressed with how well it handled for a large car. Blower kit for VF from Harrop is about $16k with full exhaust, tune etc. You'd want the brakes and FE3 suspension from the Redline if you were gonna go blower, stock SS would be spongey. At which point you're jumping closer to $60k, plus the blower cost and you're only a few grand shy of the LSA clubby. If it were me, I'd save the pennies and go the blown Clubby (although, personally, I'd go with the blown Senator). Seats are MUCH comfier in the HSV's too, plus better brakes and suspension and driver aids dialed in for the extra weight of the blown motor...which you won't get when bolting a blower on yourself.

Also, don't have to worry about diffs, diff bushes, driveshafts or half shafts on the factory blown HSV's...they come with a big fark off diff, engine, trans and diff coolers, beefed up tailshaft and half shafts, and a well designed IRS setup. So you wouldn't need to add stronger driveline components to the HSV, unlike with the Falcons when you start adding power...

Edited by .Stripes.
  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Bang on stripey

  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 6m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I may not always deliver on piks, but I CAN be useful sometimes :dancing:

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...