Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 13d

depends on the dealer and the finance company... some finance companies give the dealer a negotiated kick back to compensate for the interest the dealer has already paid for the car whilst it was on they're yard.

when these specials come up for 2.9 etc the finance companies Have already negotiated a set fee with ford for kick backs usually

still doesn't change what the dealer paid for the car from ford.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 4d

thinking of getting the limited edition turbo sedan on the 2.9% finance deal. Only been to 1 place so far and they saying $43500. Drive away. Can they do more or am I restricted in a discount because I'm getting it on finance???

Is that for a manual or auto?

I onlying discussed finance (2.9) after negotiating the purchase price.

• Member For: 11y 6m 17d

Guys, been doing some ringing around of some dealers tonight just to see who has stock a the moment before I drive up on the weekend, one dealer had a brand new mk2 xr6 turbo with the luxury pack for 41k not including on roads. That's without haggling or anything yet, would I still be able to knock a couple grand off that you reckon or would there not be much wiggle room in that?

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 13d
Guys, been doing some ringing around of some dealers tonight just to see who has stock a the moment before I drive up on the weekend, one dealer had a brand new mk2 xr6 turbo with the luxury pack for 41k not including on roads. That's without haggling or anything yet, would I still be able to knock a couple grand off that you reckon or would there not be much wiggle room in that?

ye there's wiggle room...

depends on the bonuses at the moment but probably a couple k...

good luck

• Member For: 11y 3m 13d

I paid 36k d/away,new xr6t LE sedan straight off the truck.auto with a few extra bells and whistles chucked in, I put 3 dealers up against each other,played a bit of phone ping pong,turned up un announced at the yard the car was at,told them I want this and this and one of those chucked in for that price, they grimaced a bit,I dont care im not there to be friends, if they want my business.... anyway I got what I wanted in the end. look for a yard that has a few of what you want, that can work for you as well