Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d

Buy modified! I have bought 2 cars already modified and saved $30k on the first car. The F6X I now own has been lightly modified but with age and 80000km's on the car its up to the individual whether or not it is a bargain!

• Member For: 20y 2m 6d

Yeah I'm thinking of selling mine and it's so easy to return back to standard and move the parts on ebay but I wasn't not sure if modifications are a good selling point.

• Member For: 11y 3m 20d

In December I purchased a 2012 mk2 luxury pack, auto, prestige paint, tint with 4000kms for $39k drive away. The car is mint. Best I could do after visiting 6 Vic dealerships was 41k for a new Limited edition, it was a painful exercise!

• Member For: 13y 6m 12d

I bought my bf2 from a work mare, already modded pushing 345rwkw done 55000km. Still running sweet as after a track day and had quite a few thrashing every now and then. Had it for 3 years and now done 88000km. I did recently try selling it and no one wants to buy modded so decided to keep it

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 11d

I have bought both stock and modded, I liked the modded idea but as others said I would probably go get the tune checked out if you did buy it... The ute I bought had a full pw kit plenum included and all the other goodies and I payed same price as a stock one...

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 3d

I would buy modded if starting again. but having said that the knowledge I have now of what mods work/ dont (aka polished standard plenum) from building up my car from stock would be vital to knowing if a modded car has been done right.

sort of catch 22: (1)already modded saves money if (2) its been done right (3) that you would prol only know if you had (4) previously done all the mods to a stocker.

• Member For: 11y 2m 28d

Finally got a brand new 2012 XR6T in Silhouette, auto and limited edition. Went to two dealers. One wanted to order me in a 2013 model for $46,500. I walked away. End of Jan went into another dealer had a chat and ended up with my current car mentioned above. All in $39,800. Pretty happy. However, didn't have 10% deposit so couldn't get 2.9% finance