Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Member For: 11y 5m 20d

Hey guys, pretty new to the forum as I am looking at purchasing an xr6 turbo in the coming month or two, just currently deciding whether to spend 33-35kish on a low kms used mk2 xr6 turbo, or to look at purchasing a new one at around 42k?

On fords website it states that a new xr6 turbo limited edition manual rrp is 42k, but I am probably looking at getting the auto, so that would be what, another 2k on top?

Anyone bought one recently and was able to screw the dealership down further etc? I am canberra based but am happy to travel if there is a dealership giving good deals etc.

Assume no trade in at this point.

Cheers all

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 16d

I sell the fukrs and depends on dealership.

end of month u may be able to pick up a good bargain.

my advice is shop around and take quotes and make dealers beat each one then go back to the dealer u liked the best and give them the opportunity to beat it last.

(don't get suckered in along the way)

if not have a search for an UN driven demo. demo are a few k cheaper as long as they're under 500km on the clock then your laughing .

good luck

Edited by Princess Fluffy
  • Like 1

• Member For: 11y 5m 20d

Thanks mate, am Definetly looking at something like that, just seems like canberra dealers never have many if any demos, so might have to find a few in Sydney and make a trip up and do some wheeling and dealing one weekend

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 20d

Mate im canberra too and bought my 1 yr old mk1 (at the time) in sydney... way more up there, easier to go to a dealer in another city though unless you go to sydney a lot. The dealers in sydney seemed to be about what private market was in canberra, canberra dealers easy a few grand more.

Get an undriven demo, there's plenty around and you save yourself money. Enjoy!

• Member For: 11y 8m 10d

I was looking at a brand new 2012 model and was getting 37000 as the cheapest in auto and 38500 for limited edition, I ended up with a used 50th anniversary for $10k less

That's drive away no more to pay price btw