The What's Pi$$Ing You Off Thread

EFSIX

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Yeah, he doesn't want me working the hours I am and doesn't want me to burn out...but also couldn't offer me a solution that would allow me not to?

• 4 months later...
  • Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

Yo homies had a crap day need to vent. 

So I have a weird job that’s very unique. I’m a government employee who’s main role is to operationally manage the largest public space/precinct in Adelaide CBD with over half a million people travelling through its main through fare every week. This includes a significant amount of “stuff” involved in my role from consulting on major construction projects for infrastructure & private works, consulting with government bodies including senior police and MFS, coordinating council resources and a heap of other stuff to keep half a million people a week safe, happy and returning. 

This morning I had to shut down a building site, which I hate doing because it’s not the workers fault it’s their boss who caused it, but now they were tools down, no pay through no fault of their own. 

Then I was getting back into it and an gentleman collapsed and one of my team members administered CPR and we got the defib out but unfortunately our efforts and ambulance efforts were futile. 

I then spent hours trying to operationally manage police, ambulance and the general public to respectfully get the deceased mans body out of there with thousands of people and media onlooking. 

The amount of people who either....
a) tried to look or made an effort to gawk 
b) got sh*tty because the incident inconvenienced them
c) took photos and tried to obtain details 
...Was absolutely disgusting!

I can’t believe someone’s dad, grandad, son, brother or friend was dying while thousands of people were so concerned with their own trivial crap. Actually yes I can believe it but it still disappoints the sh*t out of me. 

The media actually arrived and took footage, when I requested them not to, of the resuscitation attempts through closed off areas. Vultures! 

I am just tired and over it and I am already over people asking why im not openly displaying sadness... because I’m not actually sad as such. I carry stress really well but I am concerned about my team member and their mental well-being and I am just disappointed in humanity. I forget how crappy humans are until things like this.

When I got back to my office I had 57 emails waiting for me (that came in 3 hours I was gone), and I tallied 84 phone calls today. 
I need a drink. 

• Sad 3

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

Yeah totes chit mate. 
My boss came in to make sure it was all covered and she was telling us in the debrief they had a 3yo die in awful circumstances in her old job and the media pushed their camera under the side of the police tent to try and film the resus attempts.,.. on a 3yo!!! 

like wtf!

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d
32 minutes ago, Mrs Jeturbo said:

Yeah totes chit mate. 
My boss came in to make sure it was all covered and she was telling us in the debrief they had a 3yo die in awful circumstances in her old job and the media pushed their camera under the side of the police tent to try and film the resus attempts.,.. on a 3yo!!! 

like wtf!

Yeah, that's farked up. I feel like you need to be a special kinda of weirdo to actually want to be a journo. Like, who actually WANTS to do that chit?!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

Got the Hilux jacked up and the front wheels of to fit a Prado 150 series brake upgrade.

Get the parts out, rotors cleaned etc, open the caliper boxes, they sent one 150 series caliper and one 120 series.
Carnts, the 120 has a 28mm thick rotor, 150 has a 32mm. The thing doesn't even fit over the caliper with pads on lol.
Useless pricks sending the wrong parts.

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...