Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 11d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

I'm the one doing my programming and have done for years, so I know what I would or wouldn't be doing. I don't have issues with systemic fatigue right now, the issues are with localized recovery, hence the work being identical to what a bro split would be.

  • Like 1
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 6m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

yeah, fair enough, I do my own programming as well...  I just always fatigue my legs more by taking less time between those sets/exercises... but yeah, all good either way as you're talking about doing the same volume which is what matters for strength anyway, largely irrelevant of the "gap" between sets/exercises :) 

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 11d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

I'm not strength training right now, I need to get everything moving again for a while. I'm old now mate, it takes a while before you can lean on the joints and tendons lol.

 

Here's something to think about...

2 minutes ago, k31th said:

I just always fatigue my legs more by taking less time between those sets

 

This literally adds fatigue for no extra muscle growth. Fatigue is bad. Take enough time between sets so you can use the muscle again effectively. How effective would a leg day be if you pre-exhausted your legs by running 25km? I get it, if that's what you want to do, then more power to you. If growing muscle is your thing, then running sets back to back with little rest is not the best approach. I've seen that trend in you for a number of years now and it's worth pointing out, as you can make better gains for less pain and fatigue.

 

Anyhow I'm off to the doctors to see what my blood looks like :turboboink:

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 6m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

yeah, I know the principle, hence why my full-body workouts have big breaks between my leg sets that are lifting heavy... everything else is just to get the workout done in a reasonable total time :) If I was to do a bro-split I'd take a lot longer to do the same workouts with heavier lifts. 

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 6m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

moved all of the weight-training discussion over here :) 

  • Haha 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 11d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

Heh I knew that move was coming lol. Gotta make you earn your wage somehow right?! :stirthepot:

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 6m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

yep, that "free" wage ;) but yeah, can't wait to get in the gym again this arvo :spoton: 

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 11d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

Haha yerp :spoton:

 

I think I might give the gym a miss today and get my car done instead. Then I might restructure my program to only do 3 days per week. Dunno why I had it doing 4, that was a stupid idea, 3 is enough for full body.

  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 6m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: pissed again
Posted
On 18/02/2024 at 1:04 PM, Mrs Jeturbo said:

Shoulders today …

the last couple shoulder days I’ve managed to DB shoulder press the 25kg dbs for reps so pretty stoked…

 

 

isn't it ironic, the only one here with any I <3 Bananasen balls to post pics is a woman!!!!!!!!!!!

well done Fluff, your arms and back are mighty impressive  

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 6m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

nobody wants to see the men post pics haha

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...