Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 27d

Cheers mate, it is much better now, I can get off the couch without assistance so that's good.

Haha I bought a PS5 to keep me going while I was laid up and the flamin kids want to play it all the time!

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Just went out to get some stretching done and get some blood into the muscle. Did a bunch of warming up etc then got a set of bw squats done and a set of 50kg. Also got some hamstring curls done. It feels a bit tight but there was no pain so I'll keep at it over the next couple of weeks and should be nearly sorted.

Probably gonna start a new meso cycle on Monday, it's been nearly 2 weeks and the rest of my body needs the work lol. I'll do hella leg curls to make up for the lack of squatting and just do gradual increases on the squats.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Back in the gym!!!

No squats but leg extension and hamstring curls will be better than nothing. Also dropped the training back to 3 days per week from 6 so I can get maximum recovery.

Feels good man :highfive2:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 17d

Awesome mate, good step in the right direction! 3 days a week instead of 6 will definitely put you in good stead for recovery, 6 days a week takes it's toll man.

I do 4 days a week now and find that to be a nice balance, I'm in my 50s so don't recover like I used to...

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah 6 days is pretty hectic but I still go alright for 43. I'll have a "slack" couple of months with only 3 days per week then see how I feel about adding another 2 or 3 days back in.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Over the past 2 weeks I've had 2 different people tell me I'm massive. Haha I guess all that rice and all those hours in the gym are paying off!

• Like 2

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 14d

I had a co worker ask last week… “are you getting bigger”… old me would have felt like sh*t… new me was like “f*** yeah I am bahaha

I also like doing all meetings via teams now so I can see my arm development bahaha 

c9khgRQ.jpg

• Like 1