Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 1d Gender: Not Telling Posted 15/07/23 03:11 AM Posted 15/07/23 03:11 AM So yerp 5x5 didn't work either and I worked that out in less than a week. Upon reflection I worked myself too hard and for too long after fatigue setting in, despite having regular deload weeks. Haha I should have pulled a heavy single while I had it in me! I've finally got my appetite back after stopping alcohol intake and the past week or so has been good. Weight is still sitting in the mid 113kg range but energy levels have come right up again. Because I had so much fatigue I couldn't strength train effectively, so I've switched to body building style training. This has given me the break from the intensity that I needed, while still providing enough stimulus to grow. Strength has come back substantially which is pretty friggin helpful when you're lifting. At one point I was feeling so sh*thouse that I had less strength than before I started training. Haha it was like I'd trained for the past few months for nothing. Fortunately I know better and just had the rest that I needed and made changes etc. Anyhow that was a roller coaster ride, hella training, hella strength increases, hella strength loss, hella fatigue, hella weight loss, hella reflection and now back to making hella gains. Happy days
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/07/23 04:01 AM Posted 15/07/23 04:01 AM yeah, sounds like a roller coaster 😮
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 1d Gender: Not Telling Posted 15/07/23 05:02 AM Posted 15/07/23 05:02 AM Yep it sucked fairly major balls but over the worst of it now.
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 1d Gender: Not Telling Posted 16/07/23 11:50 AM Posted 16/07/23 11:50 AM I bought a new piece of gym equipment today. It's not fancy but it's functional and will add to and replace some other aging stuff I have. Also Monday is now chest day so all is right in the world
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 1d Gender: Not Telling Posted 20/07/23 07:14 AM Posted 20/07/23 07:14 AM Finally feel good after a workout, after weeks of feeling like sh*t. I just kept going, knowing that eventually everything would be ok and it is. It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders 1
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/07/23 07:34 AM Posted 20/07/23 07:34 AM haha I've just been smashing through it and just staying within my plateau as usual... maintenance is all good because I push hard to stay in maintenance. 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 1d Gender: Not Telling Posted 22/07/23 05:55 AM Posted 22/07/23 05:55 AM Apparently I forgot how much leg day sucks. Meh it's done now, chicken rice and veg has been eaten, gains are coming and on the plus side, the neighbours got to listen to some heavy metal for an hour and a half while I was out there.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/07/23 07:01 AM Posted 22/07/23 07:01 AM an hour and a half for leg day... going to be feeling that in ~2 days time 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 1d Gender: Not Telling Posted 22/07/23 07:38 AM Posted 22/07/23 07:38 AM Haha no doubt. I had done them for my Wednesday workout and were actually still a bit sore today when I was warming up.
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 1d Gender: Not Telling Posted 23/07/23 10:18 AM Posted 23/07/23 10:18 AM Hip thrusts or sumo deadlifts for glutes?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now