Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

it was broken, now I've embedded it properly :P I wasn't around to break it... this time... ;)

Good stuff @Mrs Jeturbo - absolutely smashing those goals :) it's kind of amazing how much lifting and playing sport does for your life :)  

• Thanks 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Eh it wasn't there today, only got 8 reps of 205kg. Not too bothered, the program called for a minimum of 3 reps and I managed to hit 10 reps of the same weight 3 weeks ago. Haha it's there, just not at this hour on this day.

Will get a bit better mentally prepared for next week when I add 10kg to everything. Might keep long pants on and wear shoes next time too, cos my feet were freezing and legs were getting pretty cold as well.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Wow good progress everyone!

Good point about the scales. I've done about 6 weeks of not losing a thing, but can visibly see I've reduced fat. Body weight exercises and running obviously adding muscle mass. Weight started coming off again over the past week.

• Like 3

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Shoulders done, 1rm has improved 4% from last week and the lactic acid burn from the high rep sets after the heavy work is real. I ate twice before this workout and seemed to have more energy. I'll try eating 3 or 4 times pre workout over the coming weeks to see what works best.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Farken finally I get to squat more than 180kg, it's been a couple of months since I went heavier! Next week is singles week with amraps for the last set. Tomorrow I'm working up to 190kg for the squat and will be aiming for 8 or more reps. My bench is the weakest lift for now at 120kg, should be 10 reps there this week. Deadlift will be 215kg this week, aiming for 10 and happy with 8 lol, shoulder press is 65kg, aiming for 12 and got 11 on Friday just gone. Definitely shoulders and bench need some improving but it'll only be a couple more months to add another 10 to 20kg to them for the same amount of reps that I'm doing now, providing that's how it pans out.

Anyfreakinghow, there's that, the week after is a deload week again so 50 to 60% lifts all week.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Only managed 5 reps on the squat with 190kg. I should have got a few more and there was another one there, but for whatever reason the energy wasn't there today.

Oh well, I guess you have good days and not as good days.

• Like 1