JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 30d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 19/07/14 04:51 AM Posted 19/07/14 04:51 AM Trana your really showing a lack of acceptance to something that is unchangeable You sound like my grandad trying to accept the mobile phone Get over it the falcon cant live tune, sooo phucking what move on it tunes and logs but takes now 20 seconds to flash if u cant read a log and improve on it I doubt your ability to live tune Yes lots of ecu's live tune and lots dont so its all data u have what u need I fail to see your issue once again If u need help just ask lol 2
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m Gender: Male Posted 19/07/14 08:58 AM Posted 19/07/14 08:58 AM Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:55 AM So after having a moment in life where I thought about taking my self back to tafe to " gain knowledge " and better my self I have joined a dyno and basic tuning course on wednesday nights, puerly to better my skill base and gain more respect for tuning.So you know it all Jet.
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 14d Gender: Male Posted 19/07/14 09:03 AM Posted 19/07/14 09:03 AM Trana, the guy did a tuning course, bought a dyno and took a heap of time away from his wife and new born, tuned a heap of cars for nothing and has never claimed to know it all...............Credit where credit is due 3
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 30d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 19/07/14 10:01 AM Posted 19/07/14 10:01 AM Yeh basically, thanks GeorgeThe point is trana u KEEP complaining about flash style tuning ffs Get over it or learn it, and if a donkey like me can iam sure " CAPTAIN KING LIVE TOONA" can
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m Gender: Male Posted 19/07/14 11:37 AM Posted 19/07/14 11:37 AM I give credit to all young blokes who want to learn, and that includes Jet. Yeh Jet, this flash stuff is a PIA. You should try live tuning some time. Its good when you can do things like data log lambda/spark/ knock against load points and it comes with an instruction manual. I guess I gotta get over it but I haven't learnt anything tuning wise from tuning Fords other than learning the tuning software program.
gaz097 Legacy Donating Member 1,752 Member For: 15y 2m 9d Posted 19/07/14 12:16 PM Posted 19/07/14 12:16 PM When your referring to live tuning and such. I assume u mean when u have to make changes in the tuning software program then run a dyno pull then save the file then make more changes and keep saving the tunes? I assume live is your inside the pcm making real life changes? I have no car tuning experience but tuned a few bikes over time. I thought it was odd watching the tuner make changes then wait for the tune to load before doing the run then reviewing where it needs fixing etc.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/07/14 12:21 PM Posted 19/07/14 12:21 PM I've tuned both live and flash/rinse/repeat. Imho you can get just as lost live tuning as you can with the ford system. It's really just a different approach no different to tuning an NA engine v's a Forced induction car. Tony, Imho excessively lean mixture push the motor past MBA and cost you torque hence no economy gain.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 19/07/14 12:40 PM Posted 19/07/14 12:40 PM actually, some late models purposely lower torque to improve fuel economy
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/07/14 12:51 PM Posted 19/07/14 12:51 PM How though? Lean AFR's or Spark or Cam timing adjumests etc?
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 19/07/14 12:58 PM Posted 19/07/14 12:58 PM can't run them lean because as mentioned stoich is the cleanest, spark can cause it's own issues but through cam timing and/or egr economy gains can be made
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now