MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 02/07/14 04:04 AM Posted 02/07/14 04:04 AM On my misses car I fill it with around e20 if I'm around my local United 10l of e85 the over 50 with 91 Works well for usCar seems to like it as well but I think that may be the placebo effect
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 18d Gender: Male Posted 02/07/14 04:12 AM Posted 02/07/14 04:12 AM Are u adjusting the tune for the e20???
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 02/07/14 04:17 AM Posted 02/07/14 04:17 AM any body considering missing fuels should really invest in an ethanol content gauge, don't rely on the test tube method, you need to know what the percentage is in the fuel system and make sure you have a tune for that
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/07/14 04:25 AM Posted 02/07/14 04:25 AM Used to buy BP100 in drums, $40 for 20L, 13B turbo had no problem swallowing 2 barrels in a day of spirited driving.20 Years later and I'm paying less for better fuel straight from the pump.Before it was at the bowser. In the mid to late 80s I use to go to the jandakot airport in Perth on the weekend and the guy would fill me jerry cans with AVGAS on the tarmac. BP100 rings a bell. I think it was about 70c per litre
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/07/14 04:27 AM Posted 02/07/14 04:27 AM I hope the P100 from the bowser stays consistent as that's what I am tuned for.
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 02/07/14 04:42 AM Posted 02/07/14 04:42 AM No. It's a camry Ethanol at 20% hasn't changed the formulation that much. It'll run only slightly leaner I worked it out but I don't have the calculations on me. The calorific value isn't outside the margin of error and correct me if I'm wrong but most fuel injected cars can compensate and add extra fuel
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 02/07/14 04:50 AM Posted 02/07/14 04:50 AM Urrrrr been doing 50/50 mix foreva :/ Hello world
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/07/14 04:55 AM Posted 02/07/14 04:55 AM I was about to post that your P98 consumption was crap, then i saw the 3spd comment. Carry on! P100 for me. Considering a daily E10 tune as its quite economical. 1
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 02/07/14 05:04 AM Posted 02/07/14 05:04 AM On the g6 I find myself running on 98 more than e85 just because it's driven on the freeway a lot more than the fun twistys
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 02/07/14 05:34 AM Posted 02/07/14 05:34 AM lolYou guys saying 'back in the 90s, I remember' ...... heheI remenber Super & Standard. The 70s were great but try not to breath the air 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now