JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 08/07/14 11:28 AM Posted 08/07/14 11:28 AM Nah go for it and let us know how far u got 1
gaz097 Legacy Donating Member 1,752 Member For: 15y 2m 8d Posted 08/07/14 12:03 PM Posted 08/07/14 12:03 PM Been a few mornings and the car starts fine on .3 cranking lambda. I have looked at Factory Expensive Daewoo Flex Fuel tunes but couldn't find the relevant table at this stage to see what they do but something that I wouldn't mind looking at further when I have the time.I have been playing with this fuel running it very lean. E85 reacts quite alot different to Petrol when running very lean fuel ratios in the normal driving areas of the tune.Whereas normal petrol looses alot of power and misfires when running past 17:1 air fuel ratio, E85 does not seem to and continues to make drivable power way past this ratio (I still use petrol ratio for simplicity) and does not seem to miss.It seems that that E85 can be tuned way past stoich on the lean side to deliver much better fuel economy and still maintain drivability.I have seen up to 24:1 (petrol air fuel ratio) on E85 with no misfire and still some power there which is quite eye opening for me.We are takling low load/rpm areas of the tuning mapsSo no one agrees with these claims then that can go way past stoich yet still drive?
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 5m 30d Gender: Male Posted 08/07/14 02:54 PM Posted 08/07/14 02:54 PM But not that lean. I think you can get it to run when in closed loop as there will be enough of a correction but once you hit open loop it will die. I did sit idling on closed loop when I switched from 98 to e85 with a 98 tune and it was somewhere like 20+ something percent trimming up idling quite nicely.
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 08/07/14 03:22 PM Posted 08/07/14 03:22 PM You would have had adaptive learning off I bet Trana. With it on and a 1.25 max correction you would have otherwise forced open loop rather quickly.
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 5m 30d Gender: Male Posted 09/07/14 08:23 AM Posted 09/07/14 08:23 AM It was probably only E70 with the first tank also.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 09/07/14 08:39 AM Posted 09/07/14 08:39 AM Cars no mater what fuel can be run leaner than stoich as long as the spark maps and ignition system are set up to suit 1
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 13d Gender: Male Posted 18/07/14 04:00 AM Posted 18/07/14 04:00 AM Filled up with e-flex at Casula last week and noticed the ethanol content dropped to under their advertised 70% to 66% This is the first time it has moved by more than 1-2%Thought the Zeitronix was playing up as AFR's were still ok and car drove fine.Ran the fuel down to as low as possible and filled up at the Moorebank site this morning and ethanol content is back up to 71%Just a fyi to anyone that uses the Casula store.I will wait a couple of weeks before filling up at Casula again and report back.Hopefully just a one off.I have emailed Caltex but have yet to get a reply. 3
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 25d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 18/07/14 05:39 AM Posted 18/07/14 05:39 AM This is why I leave the tuning to my tuner as my brain hurts reading this page, especially at 3.33pm!Before I take my drugs, what afr do these cars run at when cruising on the highway (98oct, 100km/h)?Time for my medication...
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 13d Gender: Male Posted 18/07/14 05:50 AM Posted 18/07/14 05:50 AM (edited) 14.7:1 or 1 lambda Edited 18/07/14 05:52 AM by rednose 1
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 18/07/14 06:49 AM Posted 18/07/14 06:49 AM 14.7:1 is for 98 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now