My Build To A 9Sec 1/4

d rangd

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 21d

I would be spending lot's of time with your uncle, Quinn...... :roflmbo: I am truly feeling for you in this journey that you have undertaken and I am sure after talking to you that you are determined & passionate so you will achieve your goals one way or the other, hang in there champ.... :stupid:

• Member For: 15y 5m 12d

all good spiro, I try and approach building cars like my uncle but its hard for several reasons...I like him think everything is turning into barry bolt on these days..I try and have asmuch input as I can (do my research as to what parts I personally prefer, and what parts will give me the physical and mental satisfaction im looking for blah blah) but it is very hard to 'BUILD' a car like these without a full workshop, a dyno, the skill that comes from working in a tune shop required to build the experience to tune a car/learn the software/not blow sh*t up etc...I would like to wire the car myself and pull things apart and really BUILD the car, but its pretty impractical to attempt this from a clean sheet of paper...there really is no way 99% of us can comprehend the techniques involved and therefore the final results as a product of R AND D that come from people like brad at atomic and nizpro.. hats off to these people that make the masterpeices of engineering we use to play tetris with these cars.. im sure alot of people wouldnt even appreciate or understand the skill and physics that goes into making a tuned length steam pipe manifold or a cnc machined plenum.. :yes-sir:

my uncle BUILT his hotrod, and most of his harley for that matter. he fabricated basically everything on his car, therefore he can call it HIS..but hes also the first to admit its not his anymore (drivetrain wise), its tom nelsons:P just like me, this car isnt mine its hi-torques car now, funded by me, but I havent dirted one finger in its 'build'. I do however do not see how someone can get any enjoyment out of giving a shop a car and not know whats going on under the skin, and simply say I want xxx power do what needs to be done...

head sex you ask 'How come you went down the path of aftermarket ECU'... the reason is im not looking for a result that I already know the answer, sure most of the stuff on there is tried and proven, but I hope my idea works for me. I do think once its set up it will be good..guess I get a kick out of doing something new and learning from my mistakes rather than someone elses. im going to do some reading into dual fuel setup like nelsons...running pump fuel to say 10psi and then race fuel from a different fuel system for when I nail it.. I guess I just want a radical street car like all of us haha

• Member For: 15y 8m 1d

I have to agree with you d rangd I dont see how you can get enjoyment from not knowing what is inside you engine. I have been lucky enough to be fairly involved with my build with being alowed into the shop to work on my own car. I have worked on cars before but only old holdens and my hilux, nothing new like this. it has been a big learing experience and I feel better for it. hopefully you have your car back soon and you can get out there and enjoy the thing.

• Member For: 15y 5m 12d

yeah ah well different times I suppose...that's all it is.

well ive officially been given the 'dyno early next week' so im excited, especially considering hes been spot on with everything else hes promised me. hopefully this rain buggers off!!!

• Member For: 14y 5m 10d

just run a soft tune.

Its been proven that 430rwkw gets u a 9 sec pass (INFLYT) then you can complete this thread :P

haha well im going racing on street tune in the next couple of weeks when I get my rear wheels, and then ill be on race tune when I get the nack to race so we will see if the old girl still has it lol :)

• Member For: 17y 11m 3d

yeah ah well different times I suppose...that's all it is.

well ive officially been given the 'dyno early next week' so im excited, especially considering hes been spot on with everything else hes promised me. hopefully this rain buggers off!!!

I'm glad to hear that things have improved. Good luck buddy. We are all rooting for you ...... :crybaby:

• Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 18d

hey did u end up gettin the fpv front bar n plates for the car? im heading down to hitorque today to drop my car off for its big tune :) ill have a look at your car.