My Build To A 9Sec 1/4

d rangd

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 16d

Good to hear things are finally movin in the right direction Quinn, can't wait to see how it all turns out. Good Luck!!!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 9d

Your car wont even start on a fuel system running 10psi let alone run before another system kicks in when you nail it.Sorry to read of all the heartache with your build but you will get there eventually.

• Member For: 15y 5m 11d

nah mate I was speaking about setting up a fuel system like tom nelson uses on his engines (with the electromotive ecu)...say for example on these cars run two separate fuel systems, one with pump fuel, one with race fuel. the engine runs on pump up until turbo boost hits 10psi then closes the injectors in the pump system and switches to race gas, then once you finish nailing it it drops back to pump fuel...ultimate setup for a monster street car I think. give this a watch, he explains it at about 2:40

• Member For: 21y 28d

Your first warning sign was when they ripped out the original ECU intending to replace it with the Autronic. Nearly every Tom Dick and Harry in the industry knows the issues surrounding trying to do this to a late model vehicle. Even EL Fords have a CAN wire which requires keeping the original ECU for the dash.

The second warning sign was spending 2 months on wiring time and still not having a running car.

This sh*t usually happens when you have someone who left school at year 10 trying to do the job.

How much do you think you are out of pocket because of this workshop?

• Member For: 15y 5m 11d

haha yeah man I look back foolishly in hind sight now...he really had no idea...and if I didnt take my car out of there, it would be there well into next year for sure! well kent said around 8 hours to redo the harness and 750 for a new standard harness that I got james to pay for when I cracked it at him...

YEAH 2 months....and in zoom mag theres an autronic ad..'send in your wiring loom and well send it back in 7 days ready to plug in for $550'!!!!!!!!!!!

not to mention and piggy back setup is only half the work...feel like a fool, but hey that's life. should have some results in the next day or 3 anyways!

• 2 weeks later...