Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


HI PSI last won the day on June 29

HI PSI had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

777 Excellent


Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Central Queensland

Recent Profile Visitors

4,863 profile views
  1. HI PSI

    My Build

    Pretty much... This will give you an idea of what I'm dealing with... This was his response. "With all due respect ----- all the deep pits you see are the deep casting pits. We do not keep digging into them ,,, usually that does more damage than good". Thank you Robbie
  2. HI PSI

    My Build

    Sleeping.. I finally receive the rocker cover back from chroming. My excitement around receiving the cover was short lived. I am absolutely disgusted with the product that I have received, especially for the price paid. I am that downhearted that I don't even want to take pictures of it. I was so looking forward to going for a drive.... What is it with businesses these days?
  3. By the lack of comments, you all must be bored of paint pics. So I'll move it forward a bit. Assembly... Now this took a bit more planning than I initially thought. I should have blasted the bolts and commenced the re-plating process much earlier. This held me up somewhat at the local business I used to plate everything was a little overwhelmed with the workload that placed on them. Albeit a slow process, they did a wonderful job. 😄 Thanks heaps MCX Rockhampton.. I installed Bilstein shocks with Pedders springs. New wheel bearings, hand brake pads and VN
  4. I'm not brand biased. I like lots of cars. It's al about how they make you feel. 😄 We all know that K31th isn't right in the head. Hasn't been for some time.... Love ya work K31th. 😄
  5. It had more in it, but my tuner is lazy. 98 Ron - GTX 4202R
  6. The build was also a means to an end. My ex poisoned my girl's brain and I've had zero access for the over 18 months. The build kept me busy, focused and broke all at once.. 😄 This build (to date) has been exceptional in every regard. The flow of trades and just steer good luck with all aspects has been uncanny. It's like this was meant to be. Let me explain... A very short time after purchasing the short engine and heads. I came across a new ZF S6-40 manual transmission. The same gearbox shared between the C4 Corvette and the VN Group A. Bloody beaut bit
  7. To me, it's an investment. The costs to build the car is very reasonable. I will more than likely double my money in the next 12 months. Besides that, it's a tough streeter. What's not to like? While were on subject of the driveline. I managed to get a hold of Daniel Reid from Reidspeed. He had previously manufactured a few serpentine kits to suit the 2400 Whipple on a Expensive Daewoo V8. Daniel stated that he wasn't making any more, but had the original proof of concept kit that he developed. Indications suggest that it will work with my blower. It should look something lik
  8. Thanks Puff. I can understand why so many divorces result from car builds. The time involved is immense. Let alone the financial commitment. Once I got the engine, I wanted to keep the Grp A theme running... I sourced a set of bare Grp a heads. Unbeknown to me, the heads had a LOT of material removed form the sealing surface. So much so that we had to get a 0.120" head gasket. The heads had received some major porting work and flowed around 640 hp. I had the heads fully reconditioned, with new Manley valves, Isky and Lunati springs along with genuine Grp A roller rocke
  9. Somewhere around this time, I started purchasing parts for the driveline. Now, remember when I said that this was going to be a restoration... This is where things started to change from the intended path. Originally, I had intended on just installing a stroker kit. My engine told me that I would waste my money going down that path, as the standard manifold wouldn't support it to its full potential. I'm not one to waste money. So the original engine and gearbox were put on a pallet and stored. The search for an alternative heart commenced. While searching the net I ca
  10. Before I could start assembling the car, I had to finish the body. I spent a lot of time on the body, making sure that everything was as good as it could be. The results speaks for itself... After the white was applied, the firewall blackout was finalised..
  11. Bonnet and doors received the same treatment. Fully stripped and painted.
  12. As usual, I got a bit carried away with prepping the metal panels, I went a bit nuts and bare metaled everything, inside and out. I seem to have lost a few prep pics from when I was prepping the inner guards. But you get the idea with the pics of the outer skins. I'm sure that you're sick of seeing black stuff, so here is some Alaskan White... Guards, rear bumper, skirts, mudguard supports etc...
  • Create New...