psycho_phoenix66 Member 28 Member For: 18y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/06/09 11:42 AM Posted 16/06/09 11:42 AM Hi guys has anyone got LED taillights installed in their sedans? If so how much did you pay, where did you get them from and have you got any pics?? Im looking at these:http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LED-Tail-Light-for-...%3A1%7C294%3A50Item number is : 190313866061 incase the link dosent workOpinions guys??
GR8XR6 ANGEL EYES Legacy Donating Member 1,683 Member For: 18y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: SE Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 16/06/09 12:13 PM Posted 16/06/09 12:13 PM (edited) I could be wrong, but just make sure it doesn't screw around with your braking system! Something to with voltage change when changing from standard globes to leds! Can't remember where I read it! Could be wrong though!However IMO braking systems are not be screwed with so worthwhile checking out! Not a big fan of the look myself. I like leds but these look like Expensive Daewoo leds in the rear tail lights! Edited 16/06/09 12:15 PM by GR8XR6
timmy Massive Tool Legacy Donating Member 567 Member For: 18y 24d Gender: Male Posted 16/06/09 12:31 PM Posted 16/06/09 12:31 PM I think you will find these are not ADR approved therefore will void your insurance
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 21d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 16/06/09 12:45 PM Posted 16/06/09 12:45 PM not a big fan of aftermarket tail ights- some dont look too bad, but I wonder if some people think "it's not standard so it must be cool" F A I L
GR8XR6 ANGEL EYES Legacy Donating Member 1,683 Member For: 18y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: SE Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 16/06/09 12:51 PM Posted 16/06/09 12:51 PM I love leds! Full stop! However I haven't seen any rear tail lights that say "Yes that looks right!" I'm still looking and I want to make sure that it doesn't mess with me brake systems!
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/06/09 01:16 AM Posted 17/06/09 01:16 AM I believe they will work fine braking wise, but you won't be able to use cruise control because in monitors the brake light circuit and there's not enough resistance so it will never engage.+ the fact those look puss
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/06/09 05:14 AM Posted 17/06/09 05:14 AM Some of the HSV's have LED taillights, and they look tough, I think the latest GTO has them.But these jobbies from Ebay look terrible.
bunna Legacy Donating Member 813 Member For: 20y 1m 12d Posted 23/06/09 10:27 AM Posted 23/06/09 10:27 AM "The brighter reverse light give better view at night!"
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 23/06/09 11:32 AM Posted 23/06/09 11:32 AM hideous.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/06/09 11:39 AM Posted 23/06/09 11:39 AM Changing to LED globes will stop the traction control, ABS and criuse control from working, unless you put a resistor inline to create enough draw to satisfy the ECU.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now