Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
Gary just ring Kiwanis and tell them about the Forum and they will set up parking for us on the day :stirthepot: l think it's 15 0r 20 for the day with a car load.

Thanks Blown BA, I'll check it out further.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
I'd like to gauge a bit of interest from people who would consider being part of a FordXR6Turbo.com club display at the SpringNats this year?

There's also individual events to enter such as the dyno challenge and go to whoa.

I think we would have a real good chance of taking out best club. In the event that we did win the prize money (amount to be announced) would be divided up amougst the entrants.

I'm ideally looking for cars that are modified both mechanically and visually.

I will also talk to Performance Ford Magazine about using one of our monthly FordXR6Turbo.com articles (first issue out now!) to cover this event.

What does everyone think?

Any more thoughts on entering as a club Adam? Entries after the end of this month are $50 more so if we are going to do somthing we need to organise it now as you need to tell them on the entry form if you are part of a club display.

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I wasn't planning on it as the Snowy's cruise is only a week or two before the SpringNat's.

But I guess if the interest was there I would do it. So it's really up to you guys...

To have a good chance of winning we would need at least 20 cars I reckon.

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted
I'd like to gauge a bit of interest from people who would consider being part of a FordXR6Turbo.com club display at the SpringNats this year?

There's also individual events to enter such as the dyno challenge and go to whoa.

I think we would have a real good chance of taking out best club. In the event that we did win the prize money (amount to be announced) would be divided up amougst the entrants.

I'm ideally looking for cars that are modified both mechanically and visually.

I will also talk to Performance Ford Magazine about using one of our monthly FordXR6Turbo.com articles (first issue out now!) to cover this event.

What does everyone think?

From what l've heard in the last 3 yrs the cops in Shepparton have a field day on the weekend on the Event in roadworthys & fines for modded cars Adam :laughing:

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I had heard those rumours but a local club from up that way says alot of the rumours aren't true.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
I had heard those rumours but a local club from up that way says alot of the rumours aren't true.

There is certainly a big police presence over the weekend but I didn't see any over the top policing in the last 2 years that I have been over there.

  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Hi Guys,

I've been toying with the idea of week long cruise up to Ayres Rock from Melbourne.

Reason being is I've heard the gorges and other sights in the NT are worthwhile to see and also wanted to try the T out on the open (no speed limit) NT roads. Also, I've always wanted to visit Coober Pedy and stay in an underground house.

Here's what comes to mind as a possible route:

Day 1 - Melbourne to Adelaide

Day 2 - Adelaide to Coober Pedy

Day 3 - Coober Pedy to Ayres Rock (stay at resort on site)

Day 4 - Rest Day to visit the Rock, gorges, etc in the area.

Day 5 - Ayres Rock to Coober Pedy

Day 6 - Coober Pedy to Adelaide

Day 7 - Adelaide to Melbourne

May investigate an alternative route back to Melbourne so that we don't have to retrace our steps. I've also wanted to visit the Munga National Park near Mildura.

Be nice to have to have a photo opp with a line of Ts with the Rock in the background :spoton:

Timing would be probably May or June next year during the cooler months.

I'd prefer to make it shorter if I could - think 7 days is a bit too long, but not sure how to shorten it without creating excessively long driving days - they look pretty long as it is.

Any thoughts on this, guys?

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted
Hi Guys,

I've been toying with the idea of week long cruise up to Ayres Rock from Melbourne.

Reason being is I've heard the gorges and other sights in the NT are worthwhile to see and also wanted to try the T out on the open (no speed limit) NT roads.  Also, I've always wanted to visit Coober Pedy and stay in an underground house.

Here's what comes to mind as a possible route:

Day 1 - Melbourne to Adelaide

Day 2 - Adelaide to Coober Pedy

Day 3 - Coober Pedy to Ayres Rock (stay at resort on site)

Day 4 - Rest Day to visit the Rock, gorges, etc in the area.

Day 5 - Ayres Rock to Coober Pedy

Day 6 - Coober Pedy to Adelaide

Day 7 - Adelaide to Melbourne

May investigate an alternative route back to Melbourne so that we don't have to retrace our steps.  I've also wanted to visit the Munga National Park near Mildura.

Be nice to have to have a photo opp with a line of Ts with the Rock in the background  :spoton:

Timing would be probably May or June next year during the cooler months.

I'd prefer to make it shorter if I could - think 7 days is a bit too long, but not sure how to shorten it without creating excessively long driving days - they look pretty long as it is.

Any thoughts on this, guys?

To make it worth while it will better to stay around Ayres Rock for more than 2 days seems such a long way for 7 days though :blush:

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Sorry mate but there is no way I would drive my car out there in those conditions it's not like we drive 4x4 nissan patrols. IMO

  • www.australianflag.org.au
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Mate it is all Hwy, some of the best roads.

Scotty

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...